Wiki Posts
Search

8ight-T Race Roller Prep

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 8ight-T Race Roller Prep

I searched for 8ight-T and eight-T and 8T but there are so many variations of the name I didn't find my answer.

I just got my 8T today, I want to get it ready for the track on Wednesday night. I'm wonder what those with experience with this truggy are running for differential fluid weights? Do these diffs need servicing right away? Most factory built kits barely have any fluid in the diffs. What else needs to be done to it out of the box besides checking all the nuts and bolts? Any other tips to get this thing dialed in quickly?

Edit.. and the how is the default shock oil weight?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I searched for 8ight-T and eight-T and 8T but there are so many variations of the name I didn't find my answer.

I just got my 8T today, I want to get it ready for the track on Wednesday night. I'm wonder what those with experience with this truggy are running for differential fluid weights? Do these diffs need servicing right away? Most factory built kits barely have any fluid in the diffs. What else needs to be done to it out of the box besides checking all the nuts and bolts? Any other tips to get this thing dialed in quickly?

Edit.. and the how is the default shock oil weight?
Put it on the track and run it. I found the stock setup to be very good. All my diffs had plenty of oil in them. I really think losi does a good job on the build.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if i were you i would go ahead redo the diffs and the shocks that way you know everything is right try 7 in the front 10 in the center 5 in the rear for the diffs in the shocks try 40 in the front 30 in the rear
Old 01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jyfz2
if i were you i would go ahead redo the diffs and the shocks that way you know everything is right try 7 in the front 10 in the center 5 in the rear for the diffs in the shocks try 40 in the front 30 in the rear
+1 this is the exact setup I normally run. I have to say though my truck came all topped off and ready to go.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Cool.. Thanks.. I'd like to open the diffs just to be sure they're done right and I'll do the shock fluid as well. It came with different springs too so I'll play around at the track to get the right setting.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I have owned 3 race roller T's prior to today and every one of them was built right from the factory. My 4th one showed up today from modhobby and the only changes I'm going to make to the truck is to put the thinnest rear swaybar on and a m2c 3/3 rear plate. That's really all the truck needs.

Get out and run it for a little while and get everything broken in good before making any changes. That will give you a good baseline on how the truck drives. Then if you feel like you need to change anything you will know what to go back to for a GOOD base setup........
Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

x2

black ft & grey rr springs..mud guards,aluminum steering arm & set epas. nib is good for a gallon with normal maintnance checklist...
Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattP
I have owned 3 race roller T's prior to today and every one of them was built right from the factory. My 4th one showed up today from modhobby and the only changes I'm going to make to the truck is to put the thinnest rear swaybar on and a m2c 3/3 rear plate. That's really all the truck needs.

Get out and run it for a little while and get everything broken in good before making any changes. That will give you a good baseline on how the truck drives. Then if you feel like you need to change anything you will know what to go back to for a GOOD base setup........
That was a sweet deal from Modhobby. I tried it on another item on sale and it said the coupon wouldn't work on "sale" items. Not sure why it worked on the 8T unless they wanted to compete w/ Amain.

You're right about leaving it as is and then making changes based on the driving of it. Since I have their setup sheet I'll know where it's at and can adjust accordingly. What was the reason for the 3/3 rear plate?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
That was a sweet deal from Modhobby. I tried it on another item on sale and it said the coupon wouldn't work on "sale" items. Not sure why it worked on the 8T unless they wanted to compete w/ Amain.

You're right about leaving it as is and then making changes based on the driving of it. Since I have their setup sheet I'll know where it's at and can adjust accordingly. What was the reason for the 3/3 rear plate?
The swaybar change and the 3/3 rear plate are to aid in rear traction. It helps the rear stay planted more than the stock setup allows.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Not that you don't know this, but I didn't when I first started servicing mine, but you don't have to disassemble the entire rear end to pull the diff. You have to take off the sway bar and then the cover screws and then the diff will pop out. It saves some time if you are wanting to get it on the track in a jiffy.

Just thought I would add that.