Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exaust Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Exaust Question?

Just wondering if i was to run a tube of my exhaust to the rear of my car what going to happen is it going to drain the power??

ye i was driving my savage in my street and some wanker came out with a sledge hammer!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taretz911
Just wondering if i was to run a tube of my exhaust to the rear of my car what going to happen is it going to drain the power??

ye i was driving my savage in my street and some wanker came out with a sledge hammer!
you mean changing the lenght or route of your manifold ? not sure what your wanting to do?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...inger&aq=f&oq=

???
Old 11-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I believe he wants to use silicon tube to extend the stinger.... Depending on the length of the silicon tubing, it will have effect on the engine's performance in a negative way for sure. The longer the silicon tubing, to worse it gets...
Old 11-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You can run an exhaust deflector and keep the shell clean by trimming the deflector a little above the ground. I use them and have never seen any performance hit from using one.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXL377&P=ML

If you weren't driving at some early time or really late, then I'd be calling the cops on that fool with the sledgehammer!
Savages are loud, but unless its before 9:00am or after dark, I don't think he has grounds to complain. QUit running in front of his house, drive thr other way (when he's home).
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just make a shapr turn into his shins with the savage..im sure that would hurt a little
Old 11-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobuster1
just make a shapr turn into his shins with the savage..im sure that would hurt a little
when in doubt knock em out ...lolololol

yeh exhaust deflector what he said
Old 11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

I guess what he wants is to tame down the noise his savage makes because people are complaining when he plays it in his neighborhood, particularly the guy he said who came out of nowhere and wants to hit his savage with a sledgehammer to silence it because it was making a lot of noise that they were not used to. I hope I am correct.

Well, putting a tube on your stinger and route it towards the back, I am guessing the tube being more than 6 inches, will make your truck slower top and bottom. But it will make your car quieter and cleaner since the oil from the pipe spills out at the back of your truck.

Last edited by King of Lean; 11-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks im sure ill figure something out !
Old 11-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man if someone hit my XT8 with a sledgehammer they would get my fist to their face.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

guys he wonts to run a tube from the tip of the mufler to the back of the car to make it look more real :P people do it to the drifters to make it look like its smoking up the wheels
Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blower Uper A
guys he wonts to run a tube from the tip of the mufler to the back of the car to make it look more real :P people do it to the drifters to make it look like its smoking up the wheels
If thats the case, if his budget permits, he can get one of those pipes that you place at the rear of your truck, like the one made by Tsais. It looks really real-looking and cool.