servo advice for a buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

servo advice for a buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

ace ds1015 steerin in mbx6, 8ight, n eight-t. ace ds1313 for throttle in those vehicles. they r the best servo for the money. don't take my words for it, check out the reviews at amain. btw ive been runnin ace servos since they were first introduced.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm using Hitec servos

HSC-5996tg for t/b
torque @ 111oz
speed @ .10sec/

HS-5995tg for steering,
Torque @ 333oz however this one is discontinued and the up dated one is the HS-7955TG.

These are what I use for my xray 808. Hitec has great customer service along with a good warranty. If you have any problems with them make sure you save your receipt.

I recently got the HS-7955tg which I will be using as a back-up servo just in case. When buying servos you might as well go with the best.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i run a 1400 rx pack with my digital servos and have no problem with battery life... charge before the mains and i am good to go..
Old 11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

make sure you consider the fact that you cannot run analog servos in HRS mode if you have a futaba 2.4 system
Old 11-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i run a 1400 rx pack with my digital servos and have no problem with battery life... charge before the mains and i am good to go..
once lipos ....if not all ready are legal in all forms of rc .....there is just no comparison between the 2 ....its a known fact that nimh cells drop off greatly after even minutes of use .....if you had ever tried a lipo and see the constant power they deliver along with the holding power ....its just unreal ....i can easily run all day including mains with out ever even charging ...allthough just because ...i charge after 2 heats and before the mains ...the only nimh pack that even comes close is the stickman 2500-2700 packs ....and even they drop off after just one heat race .....from zixxer thinks the world should run lipos ....it just makes sence .....and just look at the manufacturers ....they are all pushing lipos now .....
Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

it will be a long while before i switch to lipos.... i truthfully just do not trust them. call me old fashioned but i think i will just stick with my nimh!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamminnay
it will be a long while before i switch to lipos.... i truthfully just do not trust them. call me old fashioned but i think i will just stick with my nimh!
i here ya ...i see people that dont want to switch at the track alot ....at this point theres really no danger in them ....the danger came early because people didnt have the right chargers and such ....but now there pretty much bullet proof ....theres just too many advantages to them ....but if you must stick with nimh try this .....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18754
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dc*90
I use this combination in a Hyper ST. The ST is a heavy truggy.
I have had a years worth of racing with no problems.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zixxer
once lipos ....if not all ready are legal in all forms of rc .....there is just no comparison between the 2 ....its a known fact that nimh cells drop off greatly after even minutes of use .....if you had ever tried a lipo and see the constant power they deliver along with the holding power ....its just unreal ....i can easily run all day including mains with out ever even charging ...allthough just because ...i charge after 2 heats and before the mains ...the only nimh pack that even comes close is the stickman 2500-2700 packs ....and even they drop off after just one heat race .....from zixxer thinks the world should run lipos ....it just makes sence .....and just look at the manufacturers ....they are all pushing lipos now .....

Until servos that can ACTUALLY handle a 7.4v load are released, the best option is still NiMh. Too many bad things have happened with using a regulator, etc. etc.

For the record, I use a Reedy 1600mAh hump or Venom 1200 stick (backup pack), and I will usually only have to charge one of them once in a whole night of racing. You can see in my sig that I'm not running low-power analog servos, either.

LiPos are great power sources for electric motors, and that's all I would ever consider using them for. Not to mention I could buy a couple of NiMh packs for the cost of a lipo Rx pack, and have about 100 less worries.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fear
Until servos that can ACTUALLY handle a 7.4v load are released, the best option is still NiMh. Too many bad things have happened with using a regulator, etc. etc.

For the record, I use a Reedy 1600mAh hump or Venom 1200 stick (backup pack), and I will usually only have to charge one of them once in a whole night of racing. You can see in my sig that I'm not running low-power analog servos, either.

LiPos are great power sources for electric motors, and that's all I would ever consider using them for. Not to mention I could buy a couple of NiMh packs for the cost of a lipo Rx pack, and have about 100 less worries.
yeh i hear ya on that ..you can allready run the new hitech servos with out a regulator ...and also the ko propo servos ....and all the spread spektrum rx's are rated for 18 volts or higher ...and for the record the only people who have problems with them are peole who dont know what there doing .....im gonna start a lipo versus nimh rx pack thread ...lets discuss it over there ....lol ....didnt mean to jack this servo thread .....
Old 11-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

if anybody wants to continue the rx pack debate go here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ml#post5008932