Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lutz leaves Kyosho For Tamiya!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

looks like johnny may be picking up a tamiya. any news of a buggy?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

starting racing with ryan and then watching him leave ohio and go out west and run for koysho was a great move for him. but he was always stuck in the shadows of some one eles. now he number one and he good to go

to the guy who said up hill battle i have very good info that after a race day with a strr and tossing down the tamiya the truck was 3 secs a lap faster

do i regreat seeming him leave koysho yes he just talk me into a mp9 lol
Old 11-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just curious, where in Ohio is Ryan originally from (Elizabethtown)? Just asking as I'm originally from Toleldo!!! Hope to talk to him this week in Alvarado!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

medina ohio
Old 11-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh OK, I Definitely know where that is!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Initiate

jimmy hows it going even with the rust youll still be fast has always you planning on the roar nats this year.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Just the fact that Tamiya hasn't been racing in the 1:8 Off-Road Nitro seen. (That I know of) And starting off in such a extremely competitive racing market, "anyone" or "any company" would have an uphill battle in a new racing venue for them. Not knocking Lutz or Tamiya, just my opinion.....

If I remember correctly, I did wish them the best of luck in my previous post.......
Be careful of the sleeping giant, no thought one Tamiya would win the 10th scale electric worlds and they brought out the 4
14 and cleaned up, Tamiya has the ability to bring out quality gear.

Last edited by Sam-E; 11-02-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

chime in when the time is right ryan i am sure that you are reading this stuff ryan is a cool cat , wish him luck but almost disappointed at the same time money the reason ? probably . a challenge ? maybe
and as far as the tamiya truck being 3 sec. a lap faster BS !!!! the st-rr is one badass truck
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
chime in when the time is right ryan i am sure that you are reading this stuff ryan is a cool cat , wish him luck but almost disappointed at the same time money the reason ? probably . a challenge ? maybe
and as far as the tamiya truck being 3 sec. a lap faster BS !!!! the st-rr is one badass truck
no bullshit ryan dad own the local hobby shop and told me so those word cam form ryan
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

houston how were the cars at the mapston, tp leaves cali tommorow for the finals wish him luck. he will be a contender
Old 11-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Rookie

WOW... looks like Tamiya is the hot new ticket in offroad nitro

Ryan will always be fast, no matter what car he drives... and a first class representative for any company he works for.

Porkchop... you order a Tamiya while you were talking to Larry??? LOL
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Change is Good

I'll throw down a post here while I'm on my way to work on My Kyosho Cars to run at the R/C pro Finals this upcoming week. (I'm honestly bitter at Neo-Buggy because this news was not supposed to be released until I actually am done working for Kyosho. I still will be working for and Representing Kyosho to the fullest for 2 more weeks until the 14th. I also do not official start with Tamiya until the 5th of January.) During the interem I am going to go home to my family in Ohio and spend the holidays with them!

As far as why I made this decision. Many people like to speculate reasons which I guess is all that you can do when you don't have any of the details. My number one reason for wanting to make this switch is time. Tamiya is willing to give me more time to work on my cars, more time to go out and practice and learn and more time to go race. At Kyosho I was in the office from 8-5 Monday - Friday with an occasional thursday off to go practice. It was basically life consuming to be working on 2 cars over a week after work to prepare them for the next weekend race or next big race. I also was never able to get into any kind of practice rhythm where I could learn set-ups really good.
Now I will have more time and really be able to work on my racing. I have a drive that most pro-drivers do not have and now that I will have the opportunity to put my time to my talent instead of putting it to a computer screen and a telephone I feel like I will do nothing but improve. I also feel like I will improve how I will be able to help everyone around me. I feel like I will garner a new understanding of how these R/C cars work and be able to pass that along to everyone else. And if you know me I don't keep any 'secrets' like many people do. You ask me, i'll tell you how it is.

One of my current co-workers put the change into perspective really well for me: He said "It will be good for you (the change) once you stop learning it's time to move on"
I feel that Kyosho has been nothing short of a Miracle for me. If it wasn't for them I would be slaving away in a kitchen being a culinary chef (not all bad but i'd rather be r/c racing!) However, in the past 2.5 years I have learned a lot but have hit a wall in my mind. Tamiya is offering me the opportunity to learn programs and have the time to just learn more! The opportunity is very exciting for me!

As for the Tamiya vehicles. I have driven the Truggy one time. I ran it at Revelation raceway. I had ran my truck the weekend prior on Sunday and had a fast lap of 37.2. When I drove the Tamiya truck on Thursday I got a 36.6. I don't know how much the track affected anything but it at least let me know that the truck is very competitive and i really loved the way it felt. I'll be sure to share everything with anyone when more information becomes available.

You all talk about the uphill battle. Yea, maybe there is one, and I LOVE IT!! I love the challenge and absolutely love being told I can't do something! Obviously this is just motivation for me to prove everyone who says so wrong! (With a big 'ol smile on my face!) haha

And for all of those curious. This was 100% my decision to leave Kyosho. They did not 'clean house' or anything of the sort. This came as a shock to everyone in the office. I did this for the opportunity and what I feel is a great oportunity to make myself better! For 2009 I have aligned myself with a sponsor sheet full of only the companies that I want to run for. I feel extremely confident in the upcoming year and can't wait to kick it off at CRCRC! Hopefully with a new prototype buggy and the opportunity to repeat as Champion!

Thanks everyone for reading this and for the positive words. For those Naysayers, thanks for the motivation!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Tamiya buggy?

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...055&fullsize=1
Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Ryan will you retain these sponsors or do you have new plans up your sleeve??? AKA, Orion, KO Propo, Sirio, Werks Fuel, Ballistic Batteries, Pyrographix paints.... I'm glad to see you take the next step into becoming even faster and being able to show it's not the company you run for that makes you fast but you as the driver that makes the cars fast
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo61
That's an MBX-6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.