Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips

Thought i'd start off a thread to share setups, tips, problems...etc.

I got mine a few days ago and am having a blast with it! Hopefully we'll start to see some classes pop up!

So far everything is still stock but i'll be making some changes next week.

Heres some of the stock settings that I got out of the manual:

Front Shock Oil : 50wt
Rear Shock Oil : 40wt

Front - Center - Rear Diffs : 10-10-10

16T Clutch Bell - 48T Spur
Old 10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey Cru.

I have about half gallon through mine and its great so far.

I have only encountered one problem and that is the screw going into the crank holding the clutch bell on came out. I used loctite to secure the new screw. Other than that just going over all the screws to make sure they are tight.

Bart Taylor
Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

im hoping for a class in my area this spring hey got any pics?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

i want to see one in person before i buy.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:08 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
i want to see one in person before i buy.
I don't wanna see one in person because I'll end up $700 lighter in the wallet Looking to see what I can do with my old losi buggy and a truggy chassis though...
Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

charly- no pics. im not much of a camera person. Im sure some will surface soon though. My friends company, TRU RC already a made a wrap for one so. Im sure they will have pictures soon enough.

Big- If you think you might like it just form whats been available to see so far, you'll like it better in person.

K_B- You DO want to see one in person...
Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im gonna try and get some pics either tomorrow or Tuesday at Hotrods. Some vids would be even better. Should be a few out there Tuesday.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

well i just got home from my hobbyshop and they have a redbull version out on display, we got to looking at it and man AE hit a home run with this rig. 1st i was worried about wrenching on this thing cause of the cage but 4 big body clips and the cage is off. now the tires are funky they look like they have an inner rib on the inner sidewalls to reduce tire roll in high corner speed pretty coll tire look like they would work on a varity of track surfeses. glowplug location is out back with 2 wires going to the motor not sure if this is going to be somthing thats gonna tacke race abuse time will tell may get a bump box when i get mine time will tell on that. the body is very thick and with the rollcage it should last awhile. THE TRUCK JUST LOOKS SO REAL its just crazy i love this thing and cant wait to get mine and start racing it. im wondering if a race class for this gas truck will be as popular as the slash class. my hobbyshop is selling this truck for 630.00 and even with the price tag i think this truck is gonna sell you get alot for the money and it does come with a fuel bottle and glow ignighter good radio to. man you cant even imagine how hard it was for me not to spen half my paycheck on this thing. couple more weeks and its mine!!!! EVERYBODY NEEDS ONE!!!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

man i cannot wait to see one in person... i am sure that ae has done the homeowork. ill bet these things start popping up everywhere
Old 11-01-2008, 07:08 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

LOL - Red Bull must be the most popular body. I had the chance to eyeball one at my LHS too. I liked the over all size and that the body is so thick and every thing was easy to get at and wrench on. I'm not a big fan of the composit shock caps but I'm sure I'll swap in the aluminum ones. I had been leaning toward the KMC body but now I think the Bully Dog body has really started to grow on me! I hope a class grows here in my area but if not, I'll still have one in my rc collection.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Got mine yesterday. Looks soo sweet. I feel like a kid again playing with my old Tonka trucks. It is perfectly scale and made very well. Some of the old problems that plagued the RC8T wont be a problem here, due to the short arms and smaller lighter tires.

I have not run it due to the fact that I'm converting it to brushless immediately. It's gonna haul booty!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marzac2
Got mine yesterday. Looks soo sweet. I feel like a kid again playing with my old Tonka trucks. It is perfectly scale and made very well. Some of the old problems that plagued the RC8T wont be a problem here, due to the short arms and smaller lighter tires.

I have not run it due to the fact that I'm converting it to brushless immediately. It's gonna haul booty!
WHY???? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!!!!???? .LOL there is the 1st sc8 casuality.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charly71
WHY???? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!!!!???? .LOL there is the 1st sc8 casuality.
I could post 10 pages of WHY, but mostly it's to see the look on the faces of people like you when I scream past your nitro burner.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:57 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Please post pics of your progress and when its done!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Heres some pictures with the engine and radio gear removed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.