Wiki Posts
Search

ned help fast ninja bo1a tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default ned help fast ninja bo1a tuning

k my ninja has been running great for the first 2 1/2 galllons. problem has started. evrtime i give this gas it will not come back to idel it races for like 10 secounds or more. tried richening the low speed helps but still revs high and i went like five hours and did not improve. went lean on lsn and that made it worse. got it set to rev the lest and tryed hsn and that did not help either way i went. anyone have any clues as what this could b just started nitro this year know how to tune desent leanerd fast and tune lots of motors this thing got me stumpped. seal motor couple mounths ago so i dont think it has air leak but it may how do u test that new steal but learn fast use to race eltric and hang with nitro guys nie years ago so i know all the terms ans stuff just need some HELP anyone please. using number 6 plug jp3 pipe in losi 8t and byrons gen 2 11% oil 30% nitro
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you might be tuning for a High idle....ive seen it 10000 times at the track...take the filter off manually set the idle gap and try and retune....motor's do really strange things with a false high idle
Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

The original ninja's like a lean LSN and a rich HSN.

There a little tricky to find the tune, but once you do it will always be there with just small adjustments to the HSN.

One thing to is that they are not the best on the bottom, its a lot smother then most mills, once past this though they rip.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default idle gap

I check idle I thought it may have been that. gap is fine if I close it any more motor dies. can anyone think of anything else I am stumped
Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Possible problems

So, the problem is when you hit the gas and then release the gas, the engine is still at a high rpm? 1. Servo check... make sure that it is bind/glitch free. Reset your endpoints also. 2. Fuel lines... replace them lol. 3. Air leak... start the engine and give it a spray of nitro cleaner and look for bubbles. Especially near the throttle boot. You already checked the idle, it kinda sounds like your servo or carb may be catching when it is sliding back into the carb...
Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

check for sticky carb, I had 2 of those motors that did that.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

k will check the carb and try new servo thanks for the help guys
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default problem

i found the problem bad front bearing
Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

What plug is recommended for the BO1A? I have a cold plug in and it runs horrible. I am in always warm socal if that helps
Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Sounds exactly like an air leak. Guess you found it.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm on my 3rd eng that starts out like that then tune got real un reliable then could barly get it around the track then the noise starts.At this time me & the 5 guys standing around that are stumped also all hear the noise & know exactly what it is. Scarrrry thing is full size auto mfg & dealerships have spent untold thousands on teaching me the exact chemical reactions that go on in a motor & what causes them & how to fix them & still I havent learned when to give up & put in a spare motor.

If you know how to tune & know what to look for & all the sudden cant get what you want in 2-3 tanks, give up its gonna do the same thing or worse 10 tanks from now. Go home & take it apart when you cool down.

I'll learn to listen to my gut some day,I hope.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kahuna77
The original ninja's like a lean LSN and a rich HSN.

There a little tricky to find the tune, but once you do it will always be there with just small adjustments to the HSN.

One thing to is that they are not the best on the bottom, its a lot smother then most mills, once past this though they rip.
if its the os ninja no.
the last ninja motor was made by grp.
if the bearings are gone my guess the motor's been run lean ALOT