glow plug size?

• Does anyone know what the thread size and pitch are of a glow plug? i'm looking to make a glow plug holder but can't seem to find the correct tap size. I'm GUESSING it's metric but i don't know. I've got a set of thread gauges, but i think a .9 metric pitch OR a 32 machine pitch are the threads but i can't come up with a size. Thanks
  • buy a new button and be done with it.
  • they are 1/4 32...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801235
  • 1/4 32 is an industry specific pitch, as its a cross of standard and metric sizes. You'll need to buy a special tap just for that as its not included in any standard kit, the closest is the 10-32 metric
  • Thanks guys!
  • Quote: buy a new button and be done with it.
    I don't think he needs a new button. He wants to make a holder for his glowplug...
  • Quote: I don't think he needs a new button. He wants to make a holder for his glowplug...
    Thanks for noticing that OFFroad. and yes i'm trying to make a holder. I've access to a full machine shop and try to make most of my tools, holders ect. LOL sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but its all part of the fun.
  • Quote: I don't think he needs a new button. He wants to make a holder for his glowplug...

hah....didn't even see that...