Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc8t droop settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc8t droop settings

hey im running a rc8t this year, i havent run it at all yet and i cant find anything on a good starting point on the droop settings, if anyone is running one please lemme know,oh....also where are you measuring , i measure mine from top of shock mounting screw to center of lower shock pin, thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi

hi im running the rc8t and have run it when you do the droop the way i do it is lift the car up of the ground about 1 cm and drop it on the bench then get the ruler and put it behind the arm and pull the car up till it hits the chassis and count it from when you drop it on the bench and when you lift it up i would do 2-3 mm and that is a good amount and you ride height do 50mm at rear and 55mm at front rear kamber -3 rear and -2 at front and see how that goes and if you having any more questions about the rc8t just ask
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default rc8t

on the shocks crews from top to bottom whith a caliper whith the car on top of two tires or something

front 113 mm shock leght both from top to botom from the center of both screws
rear 123 mm

shock oil 40 all around the rear ride hight its important arm levelor a little bit more up
camber -2 all around
toe 0 or -1

diff 7-7-5
battery mod
and steering mod whith losi 8t turnbucles

guet a o.s type engine or ninja
servos futaba brushless 200 oz .12
you would have a fast truggy

sorry for my english
Attached Thumbnails rc8t droop settings-manrc8m.jpg  
Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok guys thanks ill start there, as for the rest of the settings, this is my first truggy (stepped up from mt) i figured id run it stock until i get more experiece driving it i just couldnt find any stock set up in the book for droop. thanks for the recommendations on the gear, here is what i have so far
-2 hitec 7955tg servos (overkill but got a great deal and have gl with them)
-orion lipo rx and reg
-3pks with spektrum with lipo
-jconcepts lpr rulux 0 offset and m2 crimefighters (to start with)

i really want the new reedy .21 but may get rb if its not out, any other .21 engines under 400 i should look at??? im open to any suggestions
Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah thats a good engine but look for ones that have a big header on them they take more heat better and brands like o.s., sirio, novorossi. those are the brands people race even if thay just started they get good engines for when they get better and go away racing and don't get .28 it will be fast and i know so i got a .21 much better
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

hi guet a ninja jx21 its o.s made for mugen whith upgrades its a great engine for the truggy and good run times to you can use it whith a jp3 pipe or 2060 o.s pipe

i use it whith jp3 and works perfect 300 engine in amain hobbies

you dont need to use lipo they are very delicate i use 1600 battery packs and they work perfect and do the battery mod whith tie raps on the truggy trust me on the jumps feels better

use 40 oil belive me i have a track @ my country house and i test this truggy alot

guet futaba brushless servos after those you have for steering

your hi tec servo 333 oz .15 speed @ 6 volts not bad those are good better for throtle but the truggy its very light in weight and the 333 oz you can use it on a monster truck or a more heavy truggy or car rc8t its light
the best servo to try for steering its futaba brushless 200 oz .12 very fast sterring for this truggy from .15 to .12 its diference

just giving you my experience i tried those hitec and jr and xp ae servos this xp i have burn like 6 of them suck for me but they are cheaper
i like the hi tec and jr for throttle better not for steering

wait for the reedy engine its not out its in testing mode prototype only the pro racers sponsored bie ae are using it and testing

ninja its already proove or o.s vspec speed those for me are the best and easy to set up
keep in mind adjust the filter cause the engine cant guet dirt alot of new people on the hobbie foguet that
njoy your new toy its a great truggy but you need to do the mods to feel better and competitive

Last edited by alexzone007; 01-21-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default rc8 truggy