Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, Mugen MBX6, or Other? >

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, Mugen MBX6, or Other?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, Mugen MBX6, or Other?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, Mugen MBX6, or Other?

What is the best buggy for a new buggy racer?

Never raced a buggy before

and wondering what the best buggy out there is good and fast for a new buggy driver
Old 10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

None of those are really good for a beginner, they are all quick handling and in some cases finicky to set up. My Xray XB8 EC is perfect for a new driver though. It's stable, easy to drive and strong as a tank! I'll sell if for a third of what one of those new ones will cost ya'.

I see you've got an 8t with a top end engine. You'll be fine with any of those. If you really like the 8ight-T then get the 8ight buggy, it's very similar and even shares some parts.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
None of those are really good for a beginner, they are all quick handling and in some cases finicky to set up. My Xray XB8 EC is perfect for a new driver though. It's stable, easy to drive and strong as a tank! I'll sell if for a third of what one of those new ones will cost ya'.

I see you've got an 8t with a top end engine. You'll be fine with any of those. If you really like the 8ight-T then get the 8ight buggy, it's very similar and even shares some parts.
Like he said if you have a 8ight-t get the 8ight 2.0
Old 10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

With all of the choices you are looking at you can't go wrong. They are all good buggys and they all have quirks. Pick the one that you like the most you know the one that really makes you say Damn I want that buggy even if it's the MP9. Buy what you want once and be happy. Buy what you settled for and buy twice. The one you settled for and the one you wanted.

If you already have an 8T your no stranger to set up. You already know a buggy or truggy of top quality that your choosing can be set up to accommodate any style driver. Most advice your going to get is going to be from owners of a particular model. Who endorse that model. You should really buy the one you like you will be much happier in the end.

The 2.0 has some advantages only because you have a bump box and tools already that will accomodate it's new hom lessening the cost of a different brand. All and all any of your choices will be a good one.