R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AKA tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/248140-aka-tires.html)

ALG 10-17-2008 02:11 PM

AKA tires

Hi;
Please give your feed back regarding AKA tires.

I have used GRP Jolly, JC CrossHair, Proline Crimes, Panther K2 and for my track and driving style the JC XHair yellow are the best.

I have not tried AKA, which AKA would you recomend?

AKA compound soft??? is a M3 or M2 AKA med??? AKA hard???

Thanks for your help and keep tuning

ALG

rmargiotta 10-17-2008 02:35 PM

Coming from a guy who runs whichever tire he wants, the AKA CityBlocks are some of the best tires I have run. I ran the Hard compound in the front and medium in the rear (the only compounds the hobby shop had....) and I immediately saw my lap times drop when I put those on, and I thought it made the car easier to drive with more traction than it did with the Pro-Lines.

Overall, I was very impressed with the CityBlocks, I want to run some I-beams back to back now with some BowTies.

TRCRacer24 10-17-2008 03:32 PM

If you liked the Crosshairs than here is what I would recommend AKA wise.
The AKA CrossBrace looks to be the closest comparison to the JC Crosshair. You will also want to try the CityBlocks like mentioned above and possibly a CityBlock Front / I beam Rear combination that seems pretty popular.
The soft could be compared to a M3
Medium to an M2 and Hard to an XTR.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

itsshemp 10-17-2008 03:43 PM

Its funny that i came across this post. I was JUST cleaning a set of my AKA Cityblocks, and was thinking WHAT A GREAT tires these are!! I have been running both the Med and Soft and they have out lasted ALL other tires I have ran in the past! Not only that, but they have the best traction!!

I have ran the soft compound for 6-8 qualifiers, and 3-4 15-20 minute mains, and they still look like new!! Each race, during practice, i have tried some of my other tires I used to run, but always ended up back with the AKA's. Traction is like no other IMO! I will be running them again this weekend.

I have a set of I Beams that need to be mounted, so I will have to try those out also. I have not came across a track that these tires will not workon,as of yet.

IMO the absolute best bang for the buck! I would have normally went through a few sets of tires, so these have paid for themselves many times over already.

Ya gotta at least try a set, and see how you like them.

jamminnay 10-17-2008 04:20 PM

the city blocks seem to be a good tire.. the foams are amazing!!

st-rman 10-17-2008 04:22 PM

I just got the mp 9 its my first buggy (came with I beam's) I'm used to running the ST-RR, I get on really well with crimefighters on this .What is the similar tyre from AKA as I want to keep as far as possible the same driving style (bit loose with a bit of drift) but want to run the AKA brand?

the buggy isn't built yet so no point of reference

cheers for any help

TRCRacer24 10-17-2008 04:36 PM

st-rman - I would pick up a pair of M City Blocks and run Cityblock Front and I'beam rear. I think that will give you the feel you are looking for!

jwcobra03 10-17-2008 04:49 PM

The aka cityblocks are great! I run the soft compound and the wear is second to none. Especially compared to any of the m3 compounds from proline can't go wrong with these.

sp2thielen 10-17-2008 05:02 PM

hey Ryan when can we expect the truggy tires. or are they already out?

vines 10-17-2008 05:03 PM

I'm sold on a pair for next season......:tire:

blowpopracer 10-17-2008 06:11 PM

I had my hobbyshop pre order me a set of grid irons to run at my indoor clay track. Did I make the right choice? I went with soft compound I believe. Also anyone know when the grid irons are set to be released?

ALG 10-17-2008 06:22 PM

Thanks guys for your help,
I will get some City and I to do the the CitI combination.

Have a nice day and keep up the good work!!!

ALG

mdrnizd 10-17-2008 08:03 PM

They are supposed to start testing Truggy tires next week so I would say you would see them in about 3-4 weeks. Just a guess though.

Trevor

butch man 10-18-2008 12:08 AM

When are they gonna sell them pre mounted? Back order dont count I mean actually in stock for sale. Will they be GRP quality glue job or proline quality? Havent seen any of the K boys have problems at my track & they probably use premounts if there made yet.

st-rman 10-18-2008 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22 (Post 4950639)
st-rman - I would pick up a pair of M City Blocks and run Cityblock Front and I'beam rear. I think that will give you the feel you are looking for!

thanks Ryan