Like Tree1Likes

AKA tires

Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22 View Post
Here is some information that is helpful for those going to AKA tires and foams from other brands.

If when you run the AKA tires they feel a little bit loose there are a few things to try. Sense the foam is much stiffer it supports the sidewall much better thus the tire isn't collapsing in the corners thus enabling more cornerspeed. This requires a slight driving style change but it is easy to do and will yield quicker times due to quicker corner speed.

Other things you can do is go down in swaybar thickness 1 incrament. Possibly go down in shock oil 50wt and at the extreme even go down in spring rates one incrament. All this is possible due to the sidewall being supported by this revolutionary foam!
So if you find yourself feeling a little loose try a couple of the suggestions above and I guarantee you you'll like these Kicks!!

Thats great advice Ryan, I truly felt this running at Rev on Sat night. on the clockwise sweeper section on the left hand side over at rev, I felt like i could go nearly full throttle. If it were any other foam, i truly think i wouldn't have been able to push it as hard thru there. I was a lil loose in the i-beams and my buddy was a lil loose on the cityblocks (both softs). I will definately keep your tips in mind when we run into the same situation. Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
easy guy.. im sure you ran your share of holeshots in your day. lol I was just asking how they compare, as im sure the aka gridirons are great comparison for that style tire..
HAHA it was just a joke. I just ran the truggy holeshots this past weekend with AKA inserts in them and they were very good. But the AKA foam doesn't quite fill out the holeshot truggy tire. They still worked great and would most likely have won had my Sleeve not cracked in half!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stipres View Post
Thats great advice Ryan, I truly felt this running at Rev on Sat night. on the clockwise sweeper section on the left hand side over at rev, I felt like i could go nearly full throttle. If it were any other foam, i truly think i wouldn't have been able to push it as hard thru there. I was a lil loose in the i-beams and my buddy was a lil loose on the cityblocks (both softs). I will definately keep your tips in mind when we run into the same situation. Thanks again!
If you ever need any set-up advise or want to try some tires out at Rev just let me know. If I have extra tires mounted i'll be more than happy to let you try them out and I'll be more than happy to assist with any set-up knowledge I can!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

HAHA it was just a joke. I just ran the truggy holeshots this past weekend with AKA inserts in them and they were very good. But the AKA foam doesn't quite fill out the holeshot truggy tire. They still worked great and would most likely have won had my Sleeve not cracked in half!
SLEEVE CRACKED IN HALF!? Well I believe that the keys to any great tire is the foam & sidewall, and AKA did a great job on there line with the new revolutionary foam design.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres View Post

I ran the Cross Braces (AKA) on my MP9 this past weekend at REV and they work pretty good too. I am a big fan of the City Blocks but you can't find the soft City Blocks anywhere.

Brian Givens
Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Cityblocks are available in every compound! We need everyones help to tell your Local hobby shops that you want these tires!! It's a shame for us to have them sitting here and these shops not ordering enough.

Brian - I'm sure we will get some to Airland very shortly. Maybe i'll be able to even make a dropoff today to them!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

I was very impressed with the I-Beams that came with the MP9 and can't wait to try the CityBlocks when they are available over here in the Uk!

Was just wondering if it just the compounds of the rubber that are different or if the foams are different too?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jaf1977 View Post
I was very impressed with the I-Beams that came with the MP9 and can't wait to try the CityBlocks when they are available over here in the Uk!

Was just wondering if it just the compounds of the rubber that are different or if the foams are different too?
Just the compounds of the rubber. There is only one foam currently.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cityblocks are available in every compound! We need everyones help to tell your Local hobby shops that you want these tires!! It's a shame for us to have them sitting here and these shops not ordering enough.

Brian - I'm sure we will get some to Airland very shortly. Maybe i'll be able to even make a dropoff today to them!

That would be great! I love that tire. I will have to tell Ray to stash me a couple sets (I have a basketball game tonight). I will be out there for sure on Thursday with an ST-RR for the first time. Going to need some City Blocks for that vehicle also when they are available.

Brian Givens
Old 10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I picked up some AKA tires, and really like them, only issue is with the hard foams.. are you guys planning on comming out with a softer foam?
Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by clay104 View Post
I picked up some AKA tires, and really like them, only issue is with the hard foams.. are you guys planning on comming out with a softer foam?
Have you tried them??

if you have try some of the suggestions i've posted above if you feel they are loose or whatnot.

Last edited by TRCRacer24; 10-21-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

and that is how they look

photo: Paul King
source: buggy-sport.info
Attached Thumbnails AKA tires-4823_bsipic.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ryan you have a PM
Old 10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by playerdd View Post
and that is how they look

photo: Paul King
source: buggy-sport.info
OMG! Sexy!

I want them NOW!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Cityblocks are available in every compound!
How come A-main has them on backorder then??

When are the pre-mounts comming out??

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service