Like Tree9Likes

AKA tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default aka compound identification ?

Hello ,
How do I tell what compound I have by the color dot on the tire ?
what color stands for what compound ? is there a chart someplace to compare. Thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 10:37 AM
TV
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard - Yellow
Medium - Blue
Soft - Green
Super Soft - Orange
Clay - Pink

Medium Long Wear - Blue & Yellow
Soft Long Wear - Green & Yellow
SS Long Wear - Orange & Yellow
Old 10-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Those of you running crosslinks on stadium truck have you found out that they are a little too aggressive for the front? I have a set on my T5m and boy does it have some steering. I'm thinking about buying a set of chainlinks just to put in the front to see if it calms the steering down.
I run crosslinks in the rear and chainlinks in the front of my b6d and like it.
Just wondering your thoughts.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twindad98
Those of you running crosslinks on stadium truck have you found out that they are a little too aggressive for the front? I have a set on my T5m and boy does it have some steering. I'm thinking about buying a set of chainlinks just to put in the front to see if it calms the steering down.
I run crosslinks in the rear and chainlinks in the front of my b6d and like it.
Just wondering your thoughts.
I have found chainlinks to be pretty aggressive on the front as well. Of course it all depends on the track, but on a fairly smooth low dust track I run typos on the front. I haven't run them on a ST, but 2WD Short Course and the B44.3 didn't like chainlink fronts at two of the tracks we race.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Need tire advice, running soft I beams on my 1/8 Etruggy and Ebuggy and they work the best on our practice track. My daughter has a SC10 and I am getting an RC10SC5M for Christmas, so which short course tire corresponds to the I beam? It is hard pack dirt that doesn't see a whole lot water.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hard packed dirt and you are running ibeams? Why not try medium gridirons or medium zipps? Ibeams are for loose loamy tracks that need to be able to cut through the loose stuff
Old 11-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Well maybe hard is not the right word. This is my practice track in the back yard. It is 70% dirt and 30% combination of low cut grass and top soil. It was all packed with a skid steer as it was built, and gets packed with a lawn tractor with weights every time it rains. So as it dries out the dirt part stays packed but gets a layer of dust on it. The top soil gets a little loose. The soft I beams work really good when it is dried out a little to dry and work decent when its freshly packed and damp. I have tried M3 Blockades, soft Impacts, medium Enduros (have these tires for tracks I race at), and Badlands XTR. The Blockades, Impacts and Enduros work great when its wet and freshly packed, but once it dries out they suck. The Badlands only work when it is extremely dry. So trying to find a tire that will work with the 2wd SC trucks without buying a bunch of different sets to try. Something like the soft I beam.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show
Need tire advice, running soft I beams on my 1/8 Etruggy and Ebuggy and they work the best on our practice track. My daughter has a SC10 and I am getting an RC10SC5M for Christmas, so which short course tire corresponds to the I beam? It is hard pack dirt that doesn't see a whole lot water.
I have found that City Blocks work great everywhere I race.

Lee
Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you Winner's Circle
Old 12-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hmmm, no one uses AKA tires anymore? lol

Whats a good truggy tire for loose/loamy?
Dusty/slight groove forms?

TIA!
Old 12-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
When are they gonna sell them pre mounted? Back order dont count I mean actually in stock for sale. Will they be GRP quality glue job or proline quality? Havent seen any of the K boys have problems at my track & they probably use premounts if there made yet.
not to talk down on aka but they have mentally disabled people glue there tires soo don’t expect a consistent quality on pre mounts. Back in 2011 I got some citi blocks from there online and I basically needed up with 3 city blocks and 1 ibeam, because I got a good price I never complained but it was very annoying that got threw.

On a a positive note the impacts in soft are the best tire imo ever made! I can drive with that tire in Cali everywhere and it’s amazing how great the car feels at high speed with that tire because it’s such a fast fast tire. City blocks are a good comfort tire but don’t like others make u think it’s that good because it’s not it’s a slow tire that helps overcome bad setup and be comfortable, it’s absolutely not a fast tire.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230

TIA!
A lot of people still use AKA tires, their Double Down tire was just used to win the 2018 1/8 Offroad Ifmar World Championship.

Impacts for loose loam, perhaps Gridirons II.. would really need to see the track, but check out their tire guide. 1:8 Buggy Personally I like the Super Soft/Soft Long Wear Double Down on slightly dusty and/or blue groove.

Referring to the poster above me... I would disagree about their pre-mounted glued tires, the current quality is excellent. Now perhaps you got a bad set in 2011, who knows. But I've had nothing but good experience with them and have also heard good things recently about their premounted. Although I currently tend to glue my own because I get them in bulk.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

TIA!
I would go with the impacts.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

TIA!
More like no one can GET aka tires anymore. I run them when they are available.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Orange

I would go with the impacts.
looks like City Block or I-Beam for loose/loamy :-P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.