R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AKA tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/248140-aka-tires.html)

AZRC4Me 06-09-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by porkchop (Post 9232536)
:weird: after one set of gridiorns worth of use my front red insert are so soft they feel dead :(

Seriously? I've had great luck with reusing the red inserts, in fact they feel so similar to new ones I have to mark my tires with an "O" to denote a used/old insert. I've got one set of inserts that's lasted 4 sets of tires.

JP4 06-09-2011 07:49 PM

+1 Sean....I have cut a few Red foam tires sown and they look good for reuse....

JP

LOSI123 06-10-2011 03:35 AM

A post from Jan this year

Originally Posted by LOSI123 (Post 8443959)
"Pre mount" City blocks in soft and ibeams in soft should be released with the newer Soft inserts, any one else like to see some pre mounts with the new soft inserts for all us guys that only have low traction tracks near us.

A company that listens

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: ;)

Flanno 06-10-2011 11:46 PM

Anyone know if doing CrossBrace or Impact or Enduros for Truggy any time soon ? :confused: ;)

jason07 06-12-2011 08:47 PM

What am I missing here???

I can buy a new bag of tires and red inserts (2) for $16 or I can buy a bag of tires only (2) for $12. In other words I don't reuse my inserts I just spend the extra $4. Should I reuse?

Bigedmond 06-12-2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flanno (Post 9239406)
Anyone know if doing CrossBrace or Impact or Enduros for Truggy any time soon ? :confused: ;)

AKA is waiting to see it ROAR is going to change the truggy tire rule at this moment. They have the drawing with the new treads made, but they don't want to invest in the molds to only have ROAR make the buggy style mounting legal. This is also why you haven't seen much growth in the truggy lineup from proline as well.

I know this since i specifically asked Joel from AKA about this at the Nats last weekend. I was asking about getting some Red Foams for truggy, and that is when he said ROAR is considering making the rule change, so they wanted to wait. Lets hope ROAR makes the right decision.

I think with Jconcepts joining Proline in the new design, ROAR is going to go with it. The racers want it, so, they should follow suit.

merdith6 06-12-2011 11:57 PM

Huh

Could you explain this. I don't understand...

I have not heard this and I'm curious.....

The enduro would be an awesom truggy tire right...

I love the enduros on my buggy. It really hooks up on the turns, but not too much. I really dig the low profile design...It makes my buggy react quicker to steering input, and prevents traction rolling....I have not tried the impact yet,,,yet....

I love the premounts. I had some bad luck gluing pro line tires on proline rims. but the proline tires glue awesome on AKA rims....Must be that additive to the rims...It works....

I wish we had premounts in 1/10 scale years ago...

I feel spoiled, but yes the truggy guys need some tires.....and AKA could use another tire in buggy too.....

071crazy 06-13-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by merdith6 (Post 9247267)

I love the enduros on my buggy. It really hooks up on the turns, but not too much. I really dig the low profile design...It makes my buggy react quicker to steering input, and prevents traction rolling....I have not tried the impact yet,,,yet....

I love the premounts. I had some bad luck gluing pro line tires on proline rims. but the proline tires glue awesome on AKA rims....Must be that additive to the rims...It works....

I feel spoiled, but yes the truggy guys need some tires.....and AKA could use another tire in buggy too.....

Truggy is largely a US class. IMO, buggy tire production will always take a strong priority.

AKA seems to have most conditions covered with their current lineup of buggy tires. Unless you need a knuckle-type tread.

AZRC4Me 06-13-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by merdith6 (Post 9247267)

Originally Posted by 071crazy (Post 9248629)
Truggy is largely a US class. IMO, buggy tire production will always take a strong priority.

AKA seems to have most conditions covered with their current lineup of buggy tires. Unless you need a knuckle-type tread.

See previous post by Bigedmond. ROAR is considering a change to the rule that governs the truggy tire bead design. AKA is being prudent and waiting on ROAR to determine what the rule will be before they invest money in tooling. If anything, I would contact ROAR and try to get them to make a decision soon.

071crazy 06-13-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me (Post 9248835)
If anything, I would contact ROAR and try to get them to make a decision soon.

I'm sure that will get ROAR to move a lot faster. :ha:

AZRC4Me 06-13-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by 071crazy (Post 9248895)
I'm sure that will get ROAR to move a lot faster. :ha:

Yeah, well, I'm just saying it's more related to ROAR, not AKA.

Racecrafter 06-13-2011 10:31 AM

How about an Impact Truggy tire?

AZRC4Me 06-13-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 9249231)
How about an Impact Truggy tire?

As soon as the truggy tire bead rule is finalized by ROAR, we will begin to see some of the AKA buggy tire designs cross over to the truggy. The Impact would more than likely be one of these, considering that if Tebo had an Impact truggy tire for the Nats instead of having to run the Cityblock, he would've won hands down.

Flanno 06-13-2011 12:12 PM

OK, thanks for the reply.... I guess we just wait and see.

omarwashington 06-30-2011 01:11 PM

everything becoming pre mounts and red foams? Where are them tires with out foams?