R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Haboa Hyper 8 pro? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/247907-haboa-hyper-8-pro.html)

hugh_b 10-16-2008 07:41 AM

Haboa Hyper 8 pro?

Hey guy's, i've been offered a brand new Haboa Hyper 8 pro rolling chassis kit for £130ono. I'm relatively new to the hobby and i'm currently running a kyosho inferno 7.5 mk3 sports to learn with.

Obviously i will want to upgrade soon as i have a whole winter racing season approaching. I've been looking around at my local model shop who stock losi, team associated, kyosho, hobao etc They have good parts backup for everything. I do like the look of the hyper 8 i have been offered and the price is affordable at the moment. I've seen mixed reviews but what do you guy's think? Is the buggy race worthy or would i be much better off waiting and buying something newer later on such as a losi 8ight or mp9 etc.?? Any help/opinions appreciated. -Hugh

Briguy 10-16-2008 08:18 AM

I had a Hyper 8 and was a great buggy to run and can be very competitive . But , be prepared to replace parts as they wear pretty fast .

hugh_b 10-16-2008 11:10 AM

cool, so are there any parts to watch for in particular or just in general? How does the quality compare to a brand such as kyosho? thanks-Hugh

Jaz240 10-16-2008 11:22 AM

Take a look at all worldwide major race results over the past 3 years, Have you ever seen any hobao product in the winners circle? I'm thinking this may change with the release of the Hyper 9, but for now, stick with proven winners: Losi, Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, AE

bbennett 10-16-2008 11:29 AM

My friend runs a hyper 8 at local club and state pro races and always finishes in the top 3. His only problem has been with his motor. The chassis has held up and been fine for him.

D8 10-16-2008 11:54 AM

the Hyper8/8.5 keeps having great results overseas but, here in the US you wont find any in the winning circle..:D

Nitrohouse 10-16-2008 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 4946199)
Take a look at all worldwide major race results over the past 3 years, Have you ever seen any hobao product in the winners circle? I'm thinking this may change with the release of the Hyper 9, but for now, stick with proven winners: Losi, Xray, Mugen, Kyosho, AE

Wow, so you're saying the Hyper 8.5 isn't a good buggy just because it doesn't win all the big races...Good luck making freinds with an attitude like that (strictly My (Rob B.) Opinion: That's a very ignorant way to think (personally I don't give a hoot as to what car others drive, so long as they are having fun, which is why we are involved in this hobby is to have fun))...Oh, FYI, in Europe the car dominates...Look at the results from Robert Batlle, and Graham Alsop. These guys are kicking serious tail with HoBao buggies, and have been all year. Scroll through neobuggy.net and then come back and say that the buggy doesn't win...

Yes it might be true that HoBao doesn't have the biggest team, or a list of the top drivers, but in no way should that sway one from not considering running one of the Hyper buggies.

Here at the local level, the buggy is doing very well. Some of us don't care what car wins the big races, when it's the car we are the fastest, and most comfortable with...

zJatoRad 10-16-2008 01:01 PM

the Hyper 8.5 is the 2007 European champion and got 2nd place on 2008, it was on the top 10 in the past worlds as well.

and the guy who said to be prepared to replace parts because they wear out quickly, I don't know what kind of Hyper 8 you were driving but this buggy is a freaking tank, I've had my 8.5 for 15 months and the only part I have broken is a front arm and that was my fault.

zJatoRad 10-16-2008 01:19 PM

I would like you to tell me what's wrong with the Hyper 8/8.5, I take it that you've had the Hyper 8/8.5 and you didn't like it because........

If the car isn't always in the top, it doesn't mean it's a failure.

blowpopracer 10-16-2008 01:48 PM

Not to hijack the thread but for those that have the hyper 8.5 anyone have a good setup for a small tight track with good traction? I need a good starting point.

Jaz240 10-16-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by zJatoRad (Post 4946578)
I would like you to tell me what's wrong with the Hyper 8/8.5, I take it that you've had the Hyper 8/8.5 and you didn't like it because........

If the car isn't always in the top, it doesn't mean it's a failure.

Carlos, Where in my post do you see the words failure!? I never said that, nor will I ever. I have owned, raced, and won with Ofna's Ultra LX, 9.5 Violator, and Hyper 7 pro. I am an avid supporter of Ofna's products, and I still race the Hyper ST pro truggy. I guess I was just being honest in my reply to hugh, in that even though I have spent 6 years racing Hobao's and Hong Nors products, I never see them at the top 3 in any major race, and to me that means something. the drivers are just as good, the parts and quality is just as good as allot of the top buggies, but I think for racing, they are just too heavy, and slower than some of the other brands. I was just giving my honest opinion of the Hobao line, I was not bashing Ofna's products. truth of the matter is, if you ask any hot blooded racer in the world (except for Ofna drivers) they will all agree with me about the race worthiness of the vehicles, however i truly believe that the Hyper 9, because it is smaller, and lighter than all the previous, will be a proven race buggy, and put Hobao, and Ofna on the map, as a racing leader. i ment no offense to you or Ofna. i'm sure you hyper is awesome. I know I love mine! and I can't wait to get my hands on the new Hyper!

zJatoRad 10-16-2008 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 4946715)
Where in my post do you see the words failure!?

that's what comes to mind with this "Have you ever seen any hobao product in the winners circle" and this "stick with proven winners"

here's a proven winner:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/695...champtixb1.gif

blowpopracer, you should join the Ofna Forums, there's a lot more talk about all the Hyper series and you'll find setups in there.

Jaz240 10-16-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by zJatoRad (Post 4946790)
that's what comes to mind with this "Have you ever seen any hobao product in the winners circle" and this "stick with proven winners"

here's a proven winner:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/695...champtixb1.gif

blowpopracer, you should join the Ofna Forums, there's a lot more talk about all the Hyper series and you'll find setups in there.

point well taken, I like all you guys too much to get under anyone's skin. You keep kickin ass with your 8.5!!

Briguy 10-16-2008 03:00 PM

Just because a Pro driver doesn`t drive one doesn`t mean it`s not a good buggy . I will get a Hyper 9 when it`s out to see how it is and if the plastic wears better I`ll keep it .

Hugh , I never had a Kyosho to compare . The H8 just wears faster then some other buggies that I`ve had but worth it for the performance . For what it`s worth the buggy is great and durable and really like the adjustable tuning feature that are built in . No need to buy upgrades like other buggies to have adjustable suspension mounts .

trackman 10-16-2008 03:15 PM

hugh i think the hyper 8 will be a big step up from the 7.5 sports. as for wear
i have the 8 and 8.5 and think they both hold up great. it doesnt matter who
is winning with what, all that matters is that your having fun with whatever
buggie you decide to run. as for winning races most buggies are capable
in the right hands. have fun......