Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Answer-RC's clutch shoes review

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

what's the current discount code for answers web site? Is it still RCtech?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
what's the current discount code for answers web site? Is it still RCtech?
Close it's 'rctech' all lower case.

Coupon Name :: rctech
Coupon Amount :: 20%
Start Date :: 10/24/2008
End Date :: 10/24/2009
Uses per Coupon :: Unlimited
Uses per Customer :: 1
Valid Categories List :: Restrictions Apply - No MaxAmps

One more if you already used the above.

Coupon Name :: driver_support
Coupon Amount :: 25%
Start Date :: 11/05/2008
End Date :: 11/05/2009
Uses per Coupon :: Unlimited
Uses per Customer :: 1
Valid Categories List :: Restrictions Apply - No MaxAmps
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Mike I had some problems with my quantity. I changed it 3 times to quantity of 3, but when it moved to the next screen it kept changing it back to 1. i got really frustrated and almost quit out of the site, but finally figured out that I needed to hit enter after I changed my quantity...Maybe a silly thing, but others might have this same problem...maybe an update cart button, or a note to press enter after changing quantities?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been using the RC8 Answer RC shoes and they are awesome. They have lasted longer then any other shoe I have ran. I had 2 races on them before wiregrass. Filed the edges down just slightly and ran them all weekend and also over 50 minutes in a row bumping from C to B Pro mains and they are still pretty good. Also the bells have been great, lasting a very long time with no problems. The bearings seem to be lasting longer then my Avids I was using also. Very impressed.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been using the same set of answer shoes on my speed motor for 3 gallons now. They perform the same as new. Just installed the 3rd set of springs and changed the clutch pins once. 2 gold and 2 silver springs have worked the best for me with the 8t 2.0. Just keep an eye on the end of the spring so it doesn't score the bell. I started snipping a little off the end of the spring even when new to prevent the clutch bell from being scored. Springs seem to be a little longer than stock losi's. I haven't thrown away any shoes since switching to answer. And for the price they are one of the best bargains in rc.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Lord

I agree..I got my first set from the Owner in the UK. He sold them to me at his cost and shipped them for free. I got 3 sets, and 8 months and 12 gallons later I am just about ready for more. I will use nothing else! There's nothing even close as far as bite, and wear, and the 9 springs included make it a no-brainer!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Mike I had some problems with my quantity. I changed it 3 times to quantity of 3, but when it moved to the next screen it kept changing it back to 1. i got really frustrated and almost quit out of the site, but finally figured out that I needed to hit enter after I changed my quantity...Maybe a silly thing, but others might have this same problem...maybe an update cart button, or a note to press enter after changing quantities?
Thanks for letting me know and putting in the order. I've have a laundry list of issues with this software. I always gravitate to open source/free software but this package almost leaves me high and dry. Probably going to migrate to a higher end system over the winter.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
I have been using the same set of answer shoes on my speed motor for 3 gallons now. They perform the same as new. Just installed the 3rd set of springs and changed the clutch pins once. 2 gold and 2 silver springs have worked the best for me with the 8t 2.0. Just keep an eye on the end of the spring so it doesn't score the bell. I started snipping a little off the end of the spring even when new to prevent the clutch bell from being scored. Springs seem to be a little longer than stock losi's. I haven't thrown away any shoes since switching to answer. And for the price they are one of the best bargains in rc.
Got a question for you since you use the different springs together on your Losi. I use the RC8 shoes and since the shoes come with 3 different sets of springs what do you think would happen if I use one 0.9, one 1.0 and one 1.1 spring on a clutch setup? Just wondering because I have alot of 1.0 and 0.9 springs now that I do not normally use. I suppose I could just use all 3 1.0's once in a while to use them up but I am not sure of using the 0.9 as they may be too light of a spring for me. Just trying to save a $
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Mike when will the 5x10x4 bearings be back in stock? I need a couple of packs and some more stuff. Just checking.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mikenix
Thanks for letting me know and putting in the order. I've have a laundry list of issues with this software. I always gravitate to open source/free software but this package almost leaves me high and dry. Probably going to migrate to a higher end system over the winter.
I think a monkey with a hammer and chisel and a slab of stone will not prevent us from buying the Answer shoes!!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh35
Hey Mike when will the 5x10x4 bearings be back in stock? I need a couple of packs and some more stuff. Just checking.
Josh,

I had the same question for Mike and this is what he replied,

"Rudy,
Unfortunately they are still several weeks out.
Thanks for contacting us."

Looks like they are well aware of their demand so I'll just sit tight until they roll in

Semi-tired the new shoes on my Siim motor Can't wait to the combo out in a racing application.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Got a question for you since you use the different springs together on your Losi. I use the RC8 shoes and since the shoes come with 3 different sets of springs what do you think would happen if I use one 0.9, one 1.0 and one 1.1 spring on a clutch setup? Just wondering because I have alot of 1.0 and 0.9 springs now that I do not normally use. I suppose I could just use all 3 1.0's once in a while to use them up but I am not sure of using the 0.9 as they may be too light of a spring for me. Just trying to save a $
Different spring rates and shoe types works on the three shoe and AE/TTR style clutches. One would think that it would create a balance issue, but for reasons I can't explain it doesn't. The setup your thinking of will probably work just fine and create a very driveable clutch. I will try it this Saturday if the wife lets me go racing and let you know.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikenix
Different spring rates and shoe types works on the three shoe and AE/TTR style clutches. One would think that it would create a balance issue, but for reasons I can't explain it doesn't. The setup your thinking of will probably work just fine and create a very driveable clutch. I will try it this Saturday if the wife lets me go racing and let you know.
I only wonder abt the balance issue. But i've never used a 3 shoe clutch.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just ordered 2 sets of clutch shoes for my 8T 2.0. I have tried most other brands and I keep going back to losi brand but they do not last. The last set I tried was M2C and they lasted all of 5 tanks. Never do that again. King headz, fioroni, and dynamite haven't fell in love with any of them, king headz and fioroni went up quick too. I cant wait to try these, this is the 1st I have seen this product maybe I was not looking hard enough. I have read the most recent posts and everyone seems to like this product. Hopefully I have found my new clutch shoe company from now on.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
I just ordered 2 sets of clutch shoes for my 8T 2.0. I have tried most other brands and I keep going back to losi brand but they do not last. The last set I tried was M2C and they lasted all of 5 tanks. Never do that again. King headz, fioroni, and dynamite haven't fell in love with any of them, king headz and fioroni went up quick too. I cant wait to try these, this is the 1st I have seen this product maybe I was not looking hard enough. I have read the most recent posts and everyone seems to like this product. Hopefully I have found my new clutch shoe company from now on.
Frank,

Thanks for the order, it will ship in the AM. Shortening the springs by about 1mm on the shoe side does help longevity. I have several team drivers doing this. Also fit the shoes without springs first to insure proper clearance on the the clutch pin threads coming through the top of the flywheel. Losi has several different versions of the flywheel and on some the top is thinner. If you find the thread from the pin catches the shoe just use a drill bit to relive it a bit more.

Also note your pin ends, putting a 45 degree edge on the pin end make installation much easier.

The use of 2 .9 and 2 1.0 (two gold two silver) seems to be the setup for the Losi.

Please make sure your bell is nice and smooth on the inside. With proper maintance I've had folks report upto 3+ gallons on a set of the Losi shoes.

Kind Regards,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.