Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
W.I.N.(WIREGRASS INDOOR NATIONALS) >

W.I.N.(WIREGRASS INDOOR NATIONALS)

W.I.N.(WIREGRASS INDOOR NATIONALS)

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
for the record i am going to run pro!!!!!
Sweet! Can't wait to run with ya.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modhobby
Not all LHS sponsored drivers work at the LHS. I sponsor a lot of Sportsman drivers that would never be able to run in the Pro class. They also are not 50 guys.

The point is no help what so ever should be running sportsman is how most people feel. Where do you draw the line?

O and more like chasing me lmao j/k Alex
Old 11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i see where you are coming from puddin dont get me wrong, this is going to be my 3rd off road race (at the most) but I plan on running pro, because the driving is better, and it will only help me improve. I don't even have all of my equipment yet, and people give me flack for that, but it is a personal opinion of mine to run that class. I wish I could say let them run whatever class they want, but truth is there will be alot of sportsman drivers there that are more then that.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I know this has been beat to death, but pro, expert, and sportsman, in my opinion is the way to go. As an member on the committee that hosted the futaba nitro challenge for two years at HX-Raceway, this format worked out quite well. First, when you call a class pro you raised the intimidation factor right off the bat. With three classes you will have more people willing to run expert over sportsman and hopefully leave that class to the ones who truely need to run that class. The pro series is going to this format next year, I have always thought that htis would be the fairest way, will you have someone who needs to bump up, yes, you always will. But why drive 9 hours to run in the last heat of pro, just so you can say you ran pro? We had great feedback on this format. Each class is only seperated by a lap maybe ,not laps with three classes.

just my .02 jlo
Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The W.I.N. sounds like it's shaping up to be a great race.

It may be too late to change anything now, but if we're tossing around ideas about classes, how about these:

One class, no main shorter than 20 min.

or

Pro and sportsman, no sportsman main longer than the shortest pro main, sportsmen pay a little less entry fee.

What are the reasons for needing/wanting two classes anyway? Is it to give the sportsman drivers more runtime? Better chance of winning something? Less percieved "hummilation" for running in the H-Main instead of the B-Main? Let's hear some thoughts on this.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by i_like_f150s
The W.I.N. sounds like it's shaping up to be a great race.

It may be too late to change anything now, but if we're tossing around ideas about classes, how about these:

One class, no main shorter than 20 min.

or

Pro and sportsman, no sportsman main longer than the shortest pro main, sportsmen pay a little less entry fee.

What are the reasons for needing/wanting two classes anyway? Is it to give the sportsman drivers more runtime? Better chance of winning something? Less percieved "hummilation" for running in the H-Main instead of the B-Main? Let's hear some thoughts on this.

No they split them so that you don't have a race between a person that's been racing less than a year and one that is a seasoned veteran

I mean don't you think a person might feel bad for just being in someones way

I understand where your coming from but I don't think it's fair to the people that run sportsman and enjoy running with the less experienced like themself

I mean I am running Sportsman for now because I have been running Offroad that long and I know I can't do the things that the expert or pro drivers can do
Old 11-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

If that is a concern, then a re-sort after the first or second round of qualifying would put most everyone where they need to be for qualifying. And besides, most pro guys are skilled enough to drive around slower cars, not over or through them.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

without a doubt everybodys opinion does matter but you have to look at it this way if we add another class then you will get feed back that it would take to long or something like that it might be better to do it that way but it is already setup to run sportsman and pro i think that everybody knows where they should be running and you should be honest with yourself and run that class it will only make yourself look bad if you need someone else to put you in the class that you should of been in from the begining if we did add another class that would be taking away from winnings and prizes and our goal is to have the biggest pot around im not saying that we will not change the format we will have to weight out all options i personally feel that if you need to sandbag then you should find another hobby after all this is our hobby and everybody should be here to have fun and not create problems
Old 11-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

No one will have to worry about who's running where if there is only one class. Sounds like an advantage to me!

It may be an issue for some to pay $60-$75 and wind up with a 5-min main. With one class and 20 min mains, everybody wins.

In the end, it's usually one of these two concerns: runtime or chance to win a trophy or prize. The one class 20 min main addresses run time, but I don't have a good solution for the other.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

there is 2 different classes and the minimuim that you would run is a 10 min main
Old 11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

every race i raced where there was a re shuffle i enjoyed i like that format way better than not ...and there will always be sportsman and pro ...its universal
Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

have a ? I ran 1/10 for two years this year i stepped up to 1/8 with a sponsor [ocm] what class wound i run.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bossy
have a ? I ran 1/10 for two years this year i stepped up to 1/8 with a sponsor [ocm] what class wound i run.
chassis sponsor would be pro
Old 11-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bossy
Run whatever you think that your good enough for

I've been racing for 8 year but offroad for almost two and I run sportsman

and I also just jumped to 1/8th buggy from 1/10 gas truck and truggy
Old 11-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I,ll run pro as long as i get to run and have fun

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.