Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W.I.N.(WIREGRASS INDOOR NATIONALS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Pro Series was done totally different. In order to be a Pro, you had to qualify at a previous race as a pro. Intermediate class could have unlimited sponsors, but not have qualified in pro, and Sportsman class was just that, had to have finished out of the top 60% of Intermediate to be considered a sportsman.

Frankly I think there should be a Pro Class, and Sportsman class. If you have ANY sponsorship, you should race pro, end of story. If you are good enough to get a sponsorship, you should be good enough to race the pro division.

I want to run the pro division, just so I don't get hacked all day, winning isn't my biggest things, having fun is, and me getting hacked makes me frustrated, thus meaning no fun. I rather finish 13 laps down to the leader then win but get hacked a whole race.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
The Pro Series was done totally different. In order to be a Pro, you had to qualify at a previous race as a pro. Intermediate class could have unlimited sponsors, but not have qualified in pro, and Sportsman class was just that, had to have finished out of the top 60% of Intermediate to be considered a sportsman.

Frankly I think there should be a Pro Class, and Sportsman class. If you have ANY sponsorship, you should race pro, end of story. If you are good enough to get a sponsorship, you should be good enough to race the pro division.

I want to run the pro division, just so I don't get hacked all day, winning isn't my biggest things, having fun is, and me getting hacked makes me frustrated, thus meaning no fun. I rather finish 13 laps down to the leader then win but get hacked a whole race.

I do not agree with you. The rules for sportsman pro series is yoiu can have any sponsor except chassis. Now a days anybody can get a 50 deal. saying that a guy who works at a hobby shop should run pro is ridiculous. There needs to be a class for the guys in the middle. No matter what you do there is always cheaters. Saying that Rc racing should not have a middle ground makes no since every sport out there has middle classes. Something for people who can't make the pros but loves the sport and can race or play with guys there level.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

here are the rules for the Pro Series. The 60% you are thinking about is if you finish in the lover 60% you can drop to sportsman.

You cannot run in Intermediate if any of the following applies.

#1. You have a chassis sponsorship from a manufacturer or distributor. It does not matter what percentage the sponsorship is.
#2. If you race in expert in one class you must race in expert in all classes. Example - you cannot race in expert buggy and intermediate arena truck. If you feel your good enough to run in expert buggy then you will have to run in expert arena truck or if you feel you are good enough for expert arena truck then you must run in expert buggy.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun. We don’t like to bump a racer to expert part way through the year especially in a points series, [b][b]however if you pickup a chassis sponsor or we find you listed as a team driver on a chassis manufacturers website you WILL be bumped to the next level immediately. This will result in a loss of points from the intermediate class. If you are talented enough to get a sponsor deal from a car manufacturer you need to be in expert. We strongly suggest to the manufacturers that they wait until the season is over to sign these racers.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Here is where the problem lies, if you dont have enough entrants to field 3 classes what do you do then? Run 13 intermediate guys, 40+ pros, and 70+ sportsman? I am not saying that if you work at a hobby shop you have to run pro, that technically isnt a sponsorship, but if you have 2+ 50% sponsorships, 1 FULL sponsorship or a chassis sponsor, you better be running pro. That's just how I feel on that though.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have to re-chime into this thought I supported Puddin on. I was discussing these class break-outs with some other race managers/promoters after I posted my class descriptions and have come up with a few issues that I did not fully consider:

1) more money to pay out trophies, awards, etc...
2) more time to put on said event
3) possibly limits entries into certain classes

Solution is if running the "standard" break-outs, monitor the Sportsman class for obvious drivers that are say lapping their class by many many laps or running consistent lap times of the Pro's "ability", then it should be up to the race director to make the call of how to handle that.

I probably forgot more of the points, but these are the main ones.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

I agree on the trophies. But time would be the same except for A and B mains number of entries is still number of entries.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

here is what I think is so stupid..If a driver laps the field in sportsman you bump him. But if a pro driver is a lap faster its ok. If I run sportsman and TQ and my times puts me 5th in the A in pro but the top 4 have a lap on me how did this just become fair for me or any person in that situation to bump me to pro.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
here is what I think is so stupid..If a driver laps the field in sportsman you bump him. But if a pro driver is a lap faster its ok. If I run sportsman and TQ and my times puts me 5th in the A in pro but the top 4 have a lap on me how did this just become fair for me or any person in that situation to bump me to pro.
Fair for what? To win? I think you would have to define what fair is then. But also, ultimately it is up to the race director as well as how many laps or what times someone is consistently turning in the heats, not the mains.

I run the Pro class because I like the competition. I want to become a better driver, if I win that would be awesome, but I know I may not be able to win just yet in some races. For me it is a growth process, if I kept running Sportsman, it would only hold me back on becoming what my aspirations are, which is to be an A Main Pro driver. I am not knocking you are anyone else, just sharing my perspective on why I run Pro.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also, going a step further with the Standard race classes, what needs to be done is to define what constitutes a Pro and a Sportsman in general terms, then work up from there.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

I think 2 classes is enough for class seperation. ( sportsman and pro)

here is an idea.

Anyone who is sponsored by any MANUFACTURER should run pro.

Anyone who is sponsored by a LOCAL HOBBY SHOP can run sportsman or pro.

After that it is up to the race director to monitor the times in sportsman to keep it fair. One thing to remenber is your only talking about a few who would be sandbagging. It would be easy for the race director to police and bump the guys to pro. And sportsman classes should NEVER have a sponsorship form to fill out for the A.

running a sportsman, expert, and pro class would make it difficult on the race director as far as awards and the time it would take to run the mains. your talking cash payout for pro and double the amount of product for the other 2. not to mention more trophies.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

I agree Alex. If everyone wants an easy shot at winning then we would have at least 9 class breakdowns lol!!!!!

sportsman A
sportsman B
sportsman C
expert A
expert B
expert C
pro A
pro B
pro C

Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

The time would not be the same for the mains, only for qualifying.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

my deal with sponsored and hobby shop worker should be the same. the guy that works at a hobby shop gets stuff the same price as a 50 guy.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

for the record i am going to run pro!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
my deal with sponsored and hobby shop worker should be the same. the guy that works at a hobby shop gets stuff the same price as a 50 guy.
Not all LHS sponsored drivers work at the LHS. I sponsor a lot of Sportsman drivers that would never be able to run in the Pro class. They also are not 50 guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.