Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
revo 3.3 RTR kit, what else will i need? >

revo 3.3 RTR kit, what else will i need?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo 3.3 RTR kit, what else will i need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? revo 3.3 RTR kit, what else will i need?

i'm about to buy a REVO 3.3RTR kit, and this will be my first nitro rc. i'm planning on ordering after run oil, fuel, fill bottle, and a 7.2 battery for the EZ start. i've been looking/researching for over an hour now, and i cant figure out what else i'll need to actually be able to drive the truck.

what charger do i need to charge the battery for the EZ start? what batteries does the REVO take for the on-board electrics, and do they come with the RTR kit or not, and what charger do i need for that battery(if it doesnt come with). and is there anything else i will need to be able to drive it and break it in?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You will ned any old charger that will charge nicad/nimh batteries that has a tamyia charge plug. If you are buying the latest model 3.3 then I believe but am not certain that it comes with a small battery holder that takes 4 AA batteries. If it's the 3.3 before the latestv version then itshould come with a nimh pack and a charger. The easiest way to tell between the two versions is the newer one does not have reverse and the older one does. Hope this helps. You can also find some really good deals on here and eBay right now as there are a lot of revos for sale. I know because I am trying to offload one myself. They are awesome trucks.