Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How many track owners in here? >

How many track owners in here?

How many track owners in here?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default How many track owners in here?

What are you going to do about 1/8 electric next year? Let them run with the nitros? Make a separate class? Tell them to go away?

I want to get a feel for what everyone is thinking before I announce our new promotion.....
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

We only have one guy so far that's running an electric, so he runs with the nitro guys. As soon as there's enough to run a separate class, we will do so.

Pit stops become a problem in that it takes him twice as long to pit as the other guys, but that's the way it's gonna have to be until we get more electric guys. He does get about 15 minutes per pack though whereas the gas guys are going 12 minutes max so it kinda evens out.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

He might take longer pits but on the track a brushless 1/8 has a huge advantage!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I feel I have no choice to let them run. We as track owners need to bring new intrest into the hobby so we can have a steady flow of racers. At a club event we usally do run what ya brung. At our larger events we are a little more strict. If we let them run in nitro then I would say make the main long enough where the electric guys would have to change a battery during the main. I dont know how good this class will take off. Kind of like the pro truck class, we just dont see many off them at every race. I would like to see a whole class of these 8th scale electrics. I seen one run the other day at another track and it definitly has a advantage over nitro on the track. I just will not punish anyone for choosing this class. This is a hobby and its all about having fun. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

im not the owners as we run races on the public park, but we will let them run if they want to. If we get enough, and they want their own class, they shall have it. But right now, we have 1 RC8 that is brushless.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here in Arkansas it Wolf Pack RC we only have one guy running Lipo so we let him run with the nitro buggy's but if he gets any better with that buggy we are gone to half to start making him take a 2 min pit even if he don't need to just to make it far to the other guys.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default I'm not an owner but...

Our track has about even amount electric and nitro so there was an electric 1/8th class this year.

I heard some discussion at our end of the season race about what other tracks do becuase some of our other classes have a mixture of nitro/electric. A good nitro pit stop fueling should take 3 seconds max. What other tracks in our area seem to do that are mixing 1/8 electric and nitro is to require the electrics to come into the pits and come to a complete stop then they can go again. Or some do a 2 second stop. Like on a 10 minute main. The electric needs one pit and they can do it whenever they want.

I've noticed during practice that if you have an up to date nitro buggy set up well with a beast of an engine like a RB C6 or OS speed that you can drive well that you can keep up with the electrics. Difference seems at least on a short track that electric drivers are always complaining that they can't use full throttle but they have more margin for error becuase they can accelerate to a jump better even if they screw up their line. The way I see it so far is that they have a little room to relax and we USUALLY have to stay on our best game to stay right on them. But if you drive well and really work for it a well equipped nitro can still hold in there or beat electric. At this point it is still (given equal driving skill) highly dependent on what you bought. Not every brushless setup is a powerhouse, unbeatable machine. Some are equipped conservatively for cost reasons or to get dependability right now. Depends what everyone brought to run whether there is a distinct advantage IMO. Let them run together if you have to and require a stop and go pit. See how it shakes out with all of the regular racers.

Definately find a way to let them run at your track if you can. They are impressive to watch if they are put together right Always try and make everyone feel welcome at your track.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i am the track doirector for the local track and we run them together we run 15 minute mais so the electric guys have to pull in and count to 5 then pull out of the pits. there are a couple guys who get bent out of shape with the electric running but its a hobby and it needs to grow so thats the way its going to be untill the electric guys want there own class or we get the turnout for it