Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what buggy to buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

have you checked out the new losi 8 2.0 buggy????
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toofast55
everybody seems to be comparing there car to the mp9 whether it be price or quality that should tell you what the bar is read between the lines

Poeple who have anything to say about the MP9 should just keep it to themselves, seeing as though the only people who can give acurate answers on this buggy are Kyosho Pro Team drivers who have had the car more than a couple of days. No Knock on the buggy at all, as I am sure it is world class just like the rest of thier products, but for people to give opinions of a buggy that most of them are still waiting for, is a little overboard IMO, it's like poeple giving opinions about the Losi 2.0, or the Hyper 9. not enough time at the tracks to give acurate info. I am not addressing anyone perticular, so please dont take offense and start ripping me, just my opinion, and my 2 cents.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

I have owned all brands buggys except kyosho(do have 3 kyosho on roads though) & by far I like the 808 the best, easiest to drive for my style,holding up as well as mugen so far & better in pin bushing wear, every adjustment can be felt not a I think its better.The 808 will go from nimble as a F1 car to stable as a tractor with very few & minor changes that dont require extra money spent so will fit almost any driving style no prob. One down fall I have come across that would require more parts is anti squat & caster but I'm not convinced those would help much as the 808 works fantastic as it comes.

I ran mugen for a long time & loved the mbx5r after changing it around a bunch & always went back to it after trying other cars & the mbx6 can only be better so flip a coin. I know some people building the 6 as I type but none that has run it yet though they say theres no problems yet & they like the build so far. Those are the only 2 cars I would consider right now. Maybe when the D8 proves its self some more as its doing OK at my local track so far.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I am having the exact same decision to make. I am fairly new to cars but not to rc. I currently have a newer 8ight that I was hoping to do some upgrades on but discovered that for a little more I can just get a new kit. Now I have been leaning towards the 8ight 2.0 as I should have some spare parts for it with my current car, but I am reading a lot of good stuff about the 808, and they are both listed at the same price at Amain. I know the 2.0 is not out yet so it can't quite be compared to the 808, but I am still looking for more deciding factors to help with my decision. Being fairly new I am looking for the car that will help me succed the most. Something that is stable, handles very well, easy to drive, forgiving, easy to work on, decent parts cost and availability, doesn't need a crucial setup or upgrades to perform well, and of course can take a little bit of a beating.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jakeg1999;4912898]I am having the exact same decision to make. I am fairly new to cars but not to rc. I currently have a newer 8ight that I was hoping to do some upgrades on but discovered that for a little more I can just get a new kit. Now I have been leaning towards the 8ight 2.0 as I should have some spare parts for it with my current car, but I am reading a lot of good stuff about the 808, and they are both listed at the same price at Amain. I know the 2.0 is not out yet so it can't quite be compared to the 808, but I am still looking for more deciding factors to help with my decision. Being fairly new I am looking for the car that will help me succed the most. Something that is stable, handles very well, easy to drive, forgiving, easy to work on, decent parts cost and availability, doesn't need a crucial setup or upgrades to perform well, and of course can take a little bit of a beating.[/QUOTE

You are describing my 808 to the T! I built mine box stock, and took it to my Track (Nitro Pit) This buggy was so amazing with just all stock parts, and set-up, that many people started to notice, and asked if they could try it. 5 People, (3 Losi guys) drove my 808, and every one of them is now switching!
No knock on Losi, or any other buggy out there, but they all just loved the 808 that much better, and I can tell you that I will never drive another buggy. I now know about 20 people who run this buggy, and nobody has anything but good things to say about it.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

I will probably go XRAY as soon as my 777 wears out, which will be a while. A friend of mine loves the 808 so much he has three. The one he races he built himself and the other two he just wanted. The car is def the way to go. I dont know if i would trust the new Losi just yet. If i was losi i dont think i would want to stop selling loads of replacement parts.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

everybody seems to be comparing there car to the mp9 whether it be price or quality that should tell you what the bar is read between the lines
I Agree, everybody compares every kit to either the Mugen MBX6 or the Kyosho MP9..

those two cars seem to be at the top of their game..i just recently built the MBX6 and have seen the MP9, seen and driven the 808 and have seen the D8..

I personally would choose either the MP9 or the MBX6. I would buy the MBX6 if price is a concern of yours.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

oh boy, which car,or motor is the big question every month. just look back a couple of pages and every car will be talked about. if you are looking to race go to your local track and talk to some of the guys, watch a race or two,and most important go to the local hobby shop and see what car,cars they stock parts for. support the local track and or hobby shop and even more important HAVE FUN!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 2 rc8, one I race the other a parts car, it is a great buggy, handles like no other and I had Mugens, Kyosho and Losi, but be ready for wear speacialy the front end, this is not a basher buggy but also not a car to start racing with. Kyosho great buggy it can take some abuse, a fast buggy but price....Losi personaly I did not like it, it wears like no other and only fits a few driving stiles to be fast with, the Mugen a very forging buggy any one car drive it and it has the reliability, I have two rc8, and just today I bougth a new MBX5R ( I know the old model) but I saved a lot of money. do not forget that at club racing level abuggy does not make you that much faster. I have won club races with a Mugen Super Athelete (1993 model) and with the original inferno (1992),yep I have those old buggys, I would say buy the best last year best buggy, it has all of the bugs worked out and there cheep.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

join the ever growing d8 army
Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey porkchop what's up????
Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
hey porkchop what's up????
lol noting at all man
who is this ?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

We the pork & cheese are like a pest, we're every were, even China
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
We the pork & cheese are like a pest, we're every were, even China
lmfao i been at school to long today thanks for the laugh man
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What!!!

The MP9 has not showed me jack. Is it designed nicely heck yeah!!! Do the parts fit and shine like new money heck yeah. However I just watched a 777WC put the beat down on 2 Mp9's and a MBX6 and everything else in the field for that matter this weekend. Now I will give the 777 all the props in the world it's a real nice ride and got WC's to back it up. I was at the worlds and the only thing I saw was a broken MP9 and some either bad drivers or a buggy no ones figured out how to drive yet. Now I am not saying it's not going to be a great buggy but up to this point give me a 777WC.

And If I recall correctly the WC podium looked like this 1. HBD8 2. Losi 2.0 3. Mugen MBX6 so if theres anything at the top of it's game it would be those. You guys keep saying those other buggys are light and the parts fit amazingly well and it's got superior craftmanship. What is Losi and HB made out of playdo and with lead wheels in a blind workers factory. If thats the case give me one of those.

Now I'm a Losi lover for sure. However I believe I can drive and win with whatever. Buggys don't make the driver better good drivers make the buggy better. I'm a lil pissy with Losi right now trying to charge $650 for something they was selling for $440 a month ago. They didn't reinvent the wheel they just fixed what was wrong with there buggy. Right about now the HB or the Mugen look prime for my buying.

However in the end I know I will practice what I preach. Always buy the buggy you love the one that makes you feel like you cheating on your GF. ALL buggys have there quirks. Atleast if you love it you will except it faults with a smile . If you don't you just going to end up buying two. The one you settled for and then one you really wanted.

Let's stop crowning the 808, MP9 and not so much the MBX6 the best out there. The just got beat down at the Worlds buy a buggy that was half the cost of the MP9 and $150 less than the Xray and the Losi beat them both also. So it's impossible to call them the best out there. Sorry I know Kyosho dominated for quite a long time but you know like I know. This is a what have you done for me lately world.

I'm starting to wonder if the "you get what you pay for" saying is starting to become an oxy moron. Two of the top buggy's out range from $380 - $550. All others are ranging from $600 - $850.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.