Wiki Posts
Search

Where is RPM for 1/8 scale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Where is RPM for 1/8 scale?

I remember my T-maxx, and I remember that RPM made bullit-proof hop-ups for it, and I remember how much stronger, flexible, and Bling, my T-maxx was! Does anyone know why RPM has never made any parts for the more popular 1/8 scale buggies, and truggies. I know I would buy them!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The basher market is HUGE compared to the 1/8 scale racing market. They make way more money off the bashers, so much so, that there is no need to spend money on tooling and molds for the 1/8 scale stuff. Granted, people buy buggies and truggies to bash, but the OEM parts hold up pretty well generally.

T-Maxx's and Revos and such are generally considered rather fragile as far as suspension arms go. The same goes for the 1/10 stadium trucks. Kids buy those to bash and they were never designed for it, therefore they break arms like crazy.

That's my guess...
Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The RPM parts were for weak links or obvious inferior parts designs found with most bashing models. As for the 1/8 scale cars, the need for those type of parts are not there and if so, its for competition level performance, so some real testing needs to be behind those parts otherwise no one will buy them. Its not just adding bling, but bling thats lighter, faster and stronger.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I've been racing 1/8 scale buggy for a few months now, and I have been visiting these threads for awhile also, and I notice that everyone has some sort of complaints about almost every single buggy/truggy out there. I personally run the new Xray 808, which has some bearing issues, if not addressed at build time, I know for a fact that the Losi buggy eats servo's! So my point being, I think there are needs for aftermarket improvements. Maybe not a-arms, but certainly some parts for almost every vehicle made. I was just making a point, that I remember how awesome RPM's parts were, and lifetime warrantee, and I think it would be great if they found a niche with the problem areas of all the 1.8 scale cars, and came out with improved parts to help with the problems. I understand what you guys are saying about bashing vehicles, but you cant think there are no improvements needed to many current 1/8 scale cars
Old 10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

i think where RPM is for monster trucks is basiclly where you see king heads for buggies and truggies with the shock towers bulk heads and such