Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fioroni Clutch on Xray 808?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fioroni Clutch on Xray 808?

Does anyone know if you can use the Fioroni "2007 Turbo Twin" sliding clutch system on the Xray 808?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea I was wondering which Fioroni would work on my XT8?? Right now I've got the stock 3 shoe setup....
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

kyosho 33 mm flywheel is the one that fits the rest are to large
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

I have recently switched from Mugen MBX5R to Xray 808 and the Fioroni turbo twin slider I used on the mugen went straight on to the 808. I had to put a few spacer washers behind the flywheel to move it forward. The Mugen collett is a good fit to the Fioroni flywheel (just had to shorten it a little so it does not petrude in to flywheel lock nut too much).

I reckon this clutch is the best on the market, large contact area + shows very little wear after 6 months of use and very easy to remove & tune by changing springs (I use the black shoes).
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

OMG, thanks so much for your input. I am so glad I can use the fioroni clutch system. I was sweating about that. I have had really bad luck w/ the 3 and 4 shoe designs. I am with you. The Fioroni system is the best out there.

I use the black shoes as well w/ c6bb. People think I'm nutz, but I would rather drive with a feather finger, and then have the snap to pass someone in a tight turn.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes the car will be more drivable with a clutch that engauges smoothly, less chance of the backend breaking away. Don't use the blue shoes as they will slip.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Yes the Turbo clutch fits just fine..however I will tell you if you run the active diff for some reason it will go through shoes pretty quick.thanks
MO