SH Z CAR

Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SH Engines rule!! And so does their buggy!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Well looks like that motor angle mod did not pan out I think you have to re-machine the mounts, the engine sits up too high if you just and spacers Just a thought i had, to angle it further to see if it handled better, Sh probably test all sorts of angles and landed here This buggy is like mcy d's I'm lov'in it!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Stop thinking about it and get one!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Mike - You're running the AE body? You didn't get the 1.5mm body for the truggy? You can stand on that thing and not bend it! I tore up a 1.0mm body in CO, but this new one is quite stout.

As for the diff mounts, just leave them! I don't think lowering the center diff will help all that much. Heck, the truggy raises the center diff and the engine a good 1cm higher to get things to fit right. ...and as for diffs, I think I'm running 3,3,700 in the buggy. 1k in the rear actually felt a little stiff for me. You can always try 2,2,500. Remember, just because it works for one person doesn't mean it works for everyone. You also shouldn't need two washers to space the ring gear. One shim on the ring gear side should be more than enough. There are times where even not having the shim works out pretty well. Haven't noticed any chipped teeth on my cars.

Only other thing I've done recently to the drive train/engine area is added the 1-piece engine plate. It fits pretty tight and seems to prevent any flexing of the engine mounts. Really solid!

The thing I can't figure out is why my truggy drive train is so free spinning. Even with the wheels off it will sit there and spin where my buggy does it for only a couple of seconds
Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by technazi
Mike - You're running the AE body? You didn't get the 1.5mm body for the truggy? You can stand on that thing and not bend it! I tore up a 1.0mm body in CO, but this new one is quite stout.

As for the diff mounts, just leave them! I don't think lowering the center diff will help all that much. Heck, the truggy raises the center diff and the engine a good 1cm higher to get things to fit right. ...and as for diffs, I think I'm running 3,3,700 in the buggy. 1k in the rear actually felt a little stiff for me. You can always try 2,2,500. Remember, just because it works for one person doesn't mean it works for everyone. You also shouldn't need two washers to space the ring gear. One shim on the ring gear side should be more than enough. There are times where even not having the shim works out pretty well. Haven't noticed any chipped teeth on my cars.

Only other thing I've done recently to the drive train/engine area is added the 1-piece engine plate. It fits pretty tight and seems to prevent any flexing of the engine mounts. Really solid!

The thing I can't figure out is why my truggy drive train is so free spinning. Even with the wheels off it will sit there and spin where my buggy does it for only a couple of seconds
Thanks for the response, as far as the Diffs are concerned i meant the sealing gaskets in between the diff case and metal spur/pinion area, after you tighten them up they feel rough and notchy. Where can joe racer get one of those mounts!! I want one!!! The buggy does seem to have lots of flex Not really a bad thing I noticed the buggys drive train is not so free, well free enough, but not free free. The diffs are holding up and i will keep everyone informed of there longevity Getting close to my perfect set-up w/ this bad boy!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fast11970
Sounds like you like the car easy...maybe I will pick one up to beat you with!!!
Try it and you will toss that jamming in the trash!!!!!!! But you wont beat me!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by easyryder
Try it and you will toss that jamming in the trash!!!!!!! But you wont beat me!!
Sucka!!!!! Reason for edit !! To add sucka,suckaand the nod fool!!!!!!!!!

Whoa add a quote to this sucka when i was lookin to edit, do i have gold teeth??
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmmmm?????......well I am looking for a new buggy..........I was thinking something off the wall like this buggy ot the TQ or the D8
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

If you really want to turn heads, this is the buggy!! Nobody wants to get smoked by and SH engine let alone an SH buggy There are not too many negitives with his car, here my list:

part support is small
chassis wears fast, its very narrow in the rear
stock spring are crap
not too much set-up help
not really any after market support,yet

Here are the ++ :

super durable
super nimble
super lite, well lite enough
super acceleration
super jumper

I love this car!!

I getting close to posting a sweet set-up for this buggy soooooooooooon
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

easy - could be your chassis is wearing because you might not have enough pack in the shocks? My truggy chassis wore down really quick in Colorado, but I had the suspension soft and the surface was like 80 grit.

As for those one piece mounts, it's a pre-production sample that I got from the factory.

Oh, and what after market stuff do you need? There's plenty of aluminum so not sure what else someone else would make for it.

While there are plenty of parts available, it seems as though not many dealers or shops are willing to take a chance on a new product in this economy. Best bet, at this time, is to check with A-Main or Hobby People for parts.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by technazi
easy - could be your chassis is wearing because you might not have enough pack in the shocks? My truggy chassis wore down really quick in Colorado, but I had the suspension soft and the surface was like 80 grit.

As for those one piece mounts, it's a pre-production sample that I got from the factory.

Oh, and what after market stuff do you need? There's plenty of aluminum so not sure what else someone else would make for it.

While there are plenty of parts available, it seems as though not many dealers or shops are willing to take a chance on a new product in this economy. Best bet, at this time, is to check with A-Main or Hobby People for parts.
The track here in Tucson is very hard on chassis, On all cars i recommend thicker oils and smaller piston holes, that narrow section in the rear was disappearing on me, so I have added a custom piece of alum to stop the wear, which is pretty normal on this surface, but a bit faster than normal. A main does not sell parts for this buggy, Hobby people is the lone source in the USA at this point. After market is stuff like bodies,screw sets, clutch stuff, pretty much look at the top buggies and they have a ton of after market support, as well as factory hop ups, driver tips and set-ups, just trying to help Joe racer with his purchase Where are the top drivers of this buggy Why are they not promoting it I looked on-line for help and tips and started this, to see who was tweaking and running this rig at mid level competions, lets all get together in Tucson and discuss the future or this great bug
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Look also for info on the LRP S8 BX - the sister car. LRP's website (www.lrp.cc/en/) have a bunch of setups from Euro races where the car is performing well.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks good info
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Here is my basic setup so far:
Front: AE 5,000
Center: AE 3,000
Rear: AE 1,000

Front Shock: AE 37.5
Rear Shocks: AE 35

Throttle Servo: ATX 94359Z
Brake Servo: ATX 94359Z

Engine: Novarossi RXP5XS Fusion Moded
Pipe: Novarossi #9886
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

easy-

I get ya know as far as after market stuff. I know Degani was running an after market clutch on his buggy, but has actually switched back to the stock version as it's proven to work well.

Part of the problem with after market companies is that they only make things if they feel it's going to be profitable. Well, at least for the most part. A company like Proline, for instance, won't make a body for a buggy unless they think thousands are being sold. Unfortunately, the Z-Car buggy is still in its infancy as for popularity and might not see tons of after market stuff as there aren't many out there right now in the U.S. Combine that with the fact the economy is at a low point and you'll find quite a few companies that are/were making option parts are holding back on making anything as they're not sure as to what will be a sure sale.

As for screws... well.... screws are screws. Personally, I find those "stainless steel" sets to be softer than the steel alloy screws that the buggy comes with. Sure, you can use aluminum screws, but the whole beauty of the stock screws is that they work and don't snap all of a sudden as they're not strong enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.