SH Z CAR

Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like i have a slightly bend front drive shaft Not too bad after some intense racing activities
Old 10-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Technazi- I should have said had... I got this from SH about a month before the LRP Truggy was announced. Anyways, I'm running :
  1. Big bores
  2. white springs all the way around
  3. 1.4 x 6 hole piston in front w/35wt oil
  4. 1.2 x6 hole pistons in rear w/25wt oil
  5. 3/3/2
  6. 1.1 springs w/new lightened SH clutch shoes
  7. 14/48
I have the white springs which I think are soft, then the gun metal I would believe are med, then the blacks are stiff. The gun metal feel stiff too, but I'm sure are less stiff then the black springs. The Wheel nut caps wont allow the car to fit in the box at ROAR races.... But are still kewl...
Oh, Tech Nazi- Did you get a front chassis brace upper arm mount made from alu. yet? If so, do you have yours with the hole in the upper position, or lower position?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What do you guys think of the plastic on this buggy. I know it is supposed to be about unbreakable but the magazines said that because it was so soft (flexible) that it hurt the supension some depending on the track conditions. I do not see how. I think it would be better because it would absorb more bumps and ruts and smooth out more through those sections.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

The problem that they are most likely talking about is the flex on ruff tracks. SH has rubber bushings the would absorb most of that flex in the areas that would cause a bind. Also it helps in high speed straights...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Mike-

Ahhh.... I see now. I've had mine (well, 3 of them) since about mid July.

While I have the aluminum option part you're talking about, I actually run the stock plastic one to save a hair of weight. Same with the rear suspension mount, but I'm thinking about changing to the aluminum version

As for the springs, the black ones are stiff, but they sent me some other gun metal ones that are crazy stiff. Actually too stiff for the truggy. I believe I'm running the 6 hole pistons stock all the way around with 400cst oil in the front shocks and 500cst in the rear.

Do you also have the newer 1.5mm truggy body? The 1.0 is too thin for racing and gets thrashed pretty easy, but the 1.5mm body feels like a tank. The new wheel hex nuts don't fit in the box, huh? Well then the wide hex hubs definitely won't make it!

You can't really argue with the plastics on the Z-Car buggy or truggy. While it's super tough it's not indestructable. The rubber sleeves in the arms do take a little bit of abuse, but if you crash hard enough you're bound to break something.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PIcs of truggy?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
What do you guys think of the plastic on this buggy. I know it is supposed to be about unbreakable but the magazines said that because it was so soft (flexible) that it hurt the supension some depending on the track conditions. I do not see how. I think it would be better because it would absorb more bumps and ruts and smooth out more through those sections.
It would seem to me that the write up was a bit inaccurate, I know that the Ofna hobao plastics are ever more flexable than this car, that is acually a good thing cause that car is hard to break and great in ruts and bumps
This buggy is like nothing you have ever seen or drivin. Try it out and you will see, and you it is a risk to purchase such an odd vehicle, but i dont think it will disappoint!!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

The alu rear arm mounts take away a lot of the anti squat... Good stuff... And I am using the rc8t body...
Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Mike K. and Technazi I have made a few tweaks to the buggy and as wondering if you have tried these, what do you think??

Lowered the center diff by grinding the mounts 3-4 mm, I also added 3mm washers to the bigger mtr mount to give the engine a 10 degree or so tilt I ran the lower diff mount but have yet to try the motor mtn mod.
The diffs feel like I should go down to 2-2-500, currently have 3-3-1, what do you guys have in the diffs??

Thanks!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easyryder View Post
It would seem to me that the write up was a bit inaccurate, I know that the Ofna hobao plastics are ever more flexable than this car, that is acually a good thing cause that car is hard to break and great in ruts and bumps
This buggy is like nothing you have ever seen or drivin. Try it out and you will see, and you it is a risk to purchase such an odd vehicle, but i dont think it will disappoint!!
I love odd or different stuff. That is why I race a Caster. I also like the OCM and TQ SX8. There is just something I like about owning something different from everyone else.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

I like that as well!!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't like changing the diff mounts... I gererally keep it stock. I run 3/3/2
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Thx Mike, I will try it out
Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys I was wonder how well the diffs hold up?? I have a couple gears with small chips in them Is anyone using 2 diff gaskets, I was thinking about trying it because the diffs feel really tight?? Buggy still feels awsome and I am getting it more dialed Thanks for the help!! 3-3-2 felt good at the races last nite!!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like you like the car easy...maybe I will pick one up to beat you with!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.