SH Z CAR

Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got done reviewing the Z-Car for RCCA and im liking it a lot so far. Its a strong performer and im looking forward to racing it a lot! The review should be in next month's issue.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Erin I will look into it
Another review,thats great!! One of the reasons I decided on it was the review in xrc, they had mixed feelings, but sounds like you liked it. Did they send that engine with the car? Xrc gave it a lame write up, but I know those engines are nasty Another plus to the Z is it comes with a nice 3 chamber pipehttp://www.shengines.com/TECHDATA_SA215FS.htm Thats the pipe, but the header is different, its more squared off, but has great performance!! Can't wait for the review, thanks for the sneek peek!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Pillow ball can allow for more steering than a C Hub car, in the past. With the current crop of C Hub cars, that's not really true anymore.

The both have their weaknesses. King pins for c hubs and bent pillow balls for killing steering.
Agreed! Pillow balls don't always give you more steering, but this car seems to have plenty of it and slightly more than previous C-Hubs I've driven. Additionally, the pillow balls are really strong on this car. While others have said the plastic can't be broken, I'm proof it can! Don't get me wrong, the plastic is some of the strongest I've seen and it hasn't broken on occasions where I was sure it would limp back to the pits.

As for the springs.... that's pretty easy. The stock springs are a medium tension, but you can get the stiffer tension springs (00101213F-1 & 00101213R-1) which completely help the buggy out. Oh, and as for threaded bodies... wait a few months and you'll be able to mount the big bores from the truggy on your buggy. That actually works really well especially with the 6-hole pistons.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i definitly like this car but the fact is if it breaks you might be out of the race for the rest of the day or the rest of the weekend its not like losi jammin or kyosho or mugen where your the only one with it i think getting this car would be a bad idea because of the parts being readily availble at the track that you race at
Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

That's like saying don't get the MP9 because it's new and nobody has parts for it yet.

When the 8 came out you didn't really hear about people saying 'don't buy it' even though it was brand new.

Truth is, any dealer or track can get parts for the ZMXB-8. It's just a matter if they're willing to order the parts or not. As easyrider mentioned, parts are available from A-Main or Hobby People.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Second race nite tonite on this buggy and I am speechless!!! This car is a total sleeper, grind out those front arms for more steering and it is gone!! I love this car and going to get another for the winter race season The only way to believe it is to try it out because it looks like they put it threw the buggy meat grinder and it is what came out, tell you what, that was a smart meat grinder
Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by technazi View Post
Agreed! Pillow balls don't always give you more steering, but this car seems to have plenty of it and slightly more than previous C-Hubs I've driven. Additionally, the pillow balls are really strong on this car. While others have said the plastic can't be broken, I'm proof it can! Don't get me wrong, the plastic is some of the strongest I've seen and it hasn't broken on occasions where I was sure it would limp back to the pits.

As for the springs.... that's pretty easy. The stock springs are a medium tension, but you can get the stiffer tension springs (00101213F-1 & 00101213R-1) which completely help the buggy out. Oh, and as for threaded bodies... wait a few months and you'll be able to mount the big bores from the truggy on your buggy. That actually works really well especially with the 6-hole pistons.
Thanks I think I say those at Hobbypeople,but they are wht and figured they were the same. Degani was saying to run the silver springs in the xrc review, so i pasted them over, please correct me If I am wrong!! Thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
Eric!!! Z Car???? When did this happen??

Colin
What?? were you hiddin at and who is Eric Get back to the Track!!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default SH Z-Car and Truggy

Yes I said and truggy...
I have the only truggy in the USA. The great part is that it has exactly the same features as the Buggy. This would make a good $$$ saver for the consumer. SH also has a new motor that I ran last week. Lighter than the old motor and much more top end. There are new wheel nuts for the cars too. I'll have pics when I can get to it. Also there are big bore shocks... 6 hole pistons for the big bores. I'll be on a little bit later with more
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

*subscribed

I think I want one of these cars (mostly cuz nobody else is driving 'em yet).
Old 10-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mike_Kazz View Post
Yes I said and truggy...
I have the only truggy in the USA. The great part is that it has exactly the same features as the Buggy. This would make a good $$$ saver for the consumer. SH also has a new motor that I ran last week. Lighter than the old motor and much more top end. There are new wheel nuts for the cars too. I'll have pics when I can get to it. Also there are big bore shocks... 6 hole pistons for the big bores. I'll be on a little bit later with more
You have the only truggy in the USA? Then how is it I have the truggy shocks on my buggy and ran the truggy at the Colorado State Championship?
Oh, and the new wheel nuts are nice. Covered, but also have an inside edge on them to prevent them from backing off.

easyrider- yes, the current springs are white. soft, med, and stiff. In the next production the springs will be color coded. Greg might have had some silver springs as did I, but the factory is planning to color code them for ease of identification.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Its good to see all the excitement about this ride Mabye someone who knows a certain top level Degani racer can get him to help us promote this bad boy, with tips, tricks and speed secrets Lets make some waves!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

This thread will never die, just multiply - colorz, colorz!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easyryder View Post
This thread will never die, just multiply - colorz, colorz!
Your killing me you Ice t wannabe
Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Word!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.