Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ,

MORE PICURES PLESE!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

That mama jamma looks bullet proof! Thats what $850 gets you people! Durability!

Run 10 gallons through that beast and let me know solid it still is! That extra $300 you pay for the mp9, you still pay that for he Losi, rc8 etc... you just pay it over time replacing broken and worn out parts! LOL
Old 10-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Solution, Tony's Screws !
+1

even when the kit does come with allen head screws, i still buy his screw kits, and its always good to have spares..i brought a bag of tony screws for my Mugen Truggy a while back, im still going through the bag for my kyosho truggy and also Mugen buggy.

Jake, pics look AWESOME! cant wait to hear the race report or even what you think on how the Buggy handles/performs..

Thing looks way pimp!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

dang that kind of money is hard to come up with but i know i will be sick if i go with something else IT LOOKS SOOOO GOOD somebody needs to do us all a favor and find them for cheap i am jealous
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hurry and build the shocks!!!!! I LOVE GOOOOOOLD!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCWC
Hurry and build the shocks!!!!! I LOVE GOOOOOOLD!!!!!
They're actually velvet!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HookaMega
That mama jamma looks bullet proof! Thats what $850 gets you people! Durability!

Run 10 gallons through that beast and let me know solid it still is! That extra $300 you pay for the mp9, you still pay that for he Losi, rc8 etc... you just pay it over time replacing broken and worn out parts! LOL
Your an idiot.

driving ability + maintenance + luck = bulletproof not cost. I guess you missed the pictures of the worlds with the broken MP9. Which was getting the some of the best maintenance known to mankind. He just ran out of luck. Lots of people from all brands and all cost ranges have cars that are bulletproof. Lots of people from all brands and cost ranges have cars that break. Make and cost have absolutely zero to do with. Don't trash other brands because of the flack your model is taken for it price i.e. your manufactors problem not the cars. Guess you missed the Losi on the Podium I didnt I was there. All an all there all good cars and its only the driver thats the difference. Don't trash the mans thread about building a buggy with your sensless rhetoric about getting what you pay for. If that was the case why did'nt you get a WC. Oh I know why cause your drivers were not up to the task that week and thats it in a nutshell. Well any ways real nice car post some more pics please.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 AM

What a nice thread this is here.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mmmmmmmm...velvet

This was a very enjoyable build, everything went together and fit like a glove! I didn't have to trim or shave, etc. anything to make it fit or make it free, it was spot on! I'm also very impressed on how free the drivetrain is on this car It rolls for days! I'm very excited to run it but will have to wait til Sunday(work getting in the way), I'll post back with some feedback!

Also, for anyone who's interested or getting this car, there is a full review in the Nov. issue of RC-CAR magazine with a full page interview with Pavidis talking about and explaining the tuning options for the car(tuning guide), I will be keeping it handy, lot's of great info!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Those are the best new wheels I'v seen in a long time.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Great job Jake. Thanks for taking us through it with you. Looks sweet, enjoy it bud. Ps you look like a tire gluing pro! Can I get you to glue my tires?!?! God, I suck at that!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very nice, good job!

Have fun, but take it easy the first day while diffs and such break in. I'd hate to see you go off a jump crooked in the 1st half lap and have to pack it up. I'm sure no one has parts yet (as usual), so keep that in mind.

Again thanks for taking the time to show us the pics.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

THIS buggy is gonna be so so sick i love it!!!! looks so rock solid like all kyosho's and i cant wait to get mine real soon!!! the price is a bit steep but im a true kyosho believer in there total package and on both my truggy strr and buggy sp2 have been flawless all season long i can only think of one main i didnt finish all year long a maybe 2 qualifiers because of piddly stuff!! and i wont point out other name brans but my team mates who run top buggies and truggys were fixing and not finishing constantly over and over again.. now is it the vehicles fault or maybe the drivers who wernt doing things right when it came to there fixes....but all i know is that kyosho makes a rock solid durable very competitive product and im sold and will not jump ship i cant see ever jumping ship but ya never know!!!.. if it aint broke to fix it eh..

bottom line cant wait to get this buggy and built it! im stoked and looking foward to running my first buggy with bigbores and all the other quality parts yummy!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Jake makes a good point about the drivetrain. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the lighter weight, or smaller pinion bearings, but the drivetrain on the 9 is so free it's unbelievable. It spins much better than the sp2 ever did, but I'm not sure why. The bearings and stuff are pretty much the same.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

A C6 got to love it how do you have it geared I love those mills? Your buggy no your build job looks great not everyone takes there time and does it right. Seen some crappy built buggys before.

Your buggy looks great I hope you have as much fun racing her as you did building her. Man christmas in October thats the life.

p.s. you don't have to brand stuck to enjoy a well built ride. Big ups to the car and the builder.

Keep us posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.