Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Associated RC8 Worlds Edition >

Associated RC8 Worlds Edition

Associated RC8 Worlds Edition

Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default Associated RC8 Worlds Edition

Anyone heard any good rumours about a "Worlds Edition" car?

Must be something coming out soon with the big bores and some of the mods which have been incorporated into the truggy.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I really hope so. I would really like to see them put out a kit with the new stuff included. I plan to get a new buggy after Xmas for the new year and the thought of having to buy the car then throw the shocks in the trash to replace them with big bores is kinda a turn off especially when you can get the WC car for under $400 or a new Mugen for under $600 and they already have big bores.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I dont think they will come out with a new kit. Maybe put out a upgrade kit. I think they would sell more of those.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

what exactly are the mods that should be in the World Car other than the big bores, and the front alumimum top brace?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Doesn't seem like a good marketing precedent to offer a "Worlds" model that didn't win the Worlds, or even make the podium.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Cain- Theres a couple different things such as the steering rack mod and moving the battery. Theres also a couple things that you can do to make the car easier to work on but thats about it.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If anything they will/should mirror losi and have an EL conversion for the buggy
Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCabcs
Doesn't seem like a good marketing precedent to offer a "Worlds" model that didn't win the Worlds, or even make the podium.
And a flame out is the only reason for that - Maifield led the majority of the laps of the main.

Blame the engine or glowplug...the chassis doesn't cause that.

RM and RC started 1-2 in the final - fastest 2 times of the semis - but you weren't there, only looking at pics online and reading results. That is a great way to judge a product.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SirSpeedy
And a flame out is the only reason for that - Maifield led the majority of the laps of the main.

RM and RC started 1-2 in the final - fastest 2 times of the semis - but you weren't there, only looking at pics online and reading results. That is a great way to judge a product.

I was there, I know. And I'm not knocking the buggy, driver, mechanic, or the team. I'm guessing some sort of marketing and advertising plan was ready to be put in place.
It's also my guess it was pulled since it wouldn't make much sense to place an ad for your new worlds ride that included the phrase, "we coulda been a contenda, but a freakin' flameout cost us ... we was robbed I tell ya"
I think AE's marketing practice on Worlds vehicles has been after winning one, not after losing one. If you know what I mean
Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCabcs
You mean like the Hot Bodies D4 Worlds Edition???

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=52&id=6570
Old 09-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
If anything they will/should mirror losi and have an EL conversion for the buggy
Been there, done that and got the hat to prove it. Electric sucks.....

There will probably be a updated car but like already stated with the mods all on it. If there was one i would expect it to be out before Xmas in time for the 09 season
Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

what does it matter if the buggy win the worlds or not. you can let those guys drive any buggy and win. i mean come on a hot bodies won it
from what i seen truhe and maifield were the two best drivers their in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Serzoni
You mean like the Hot Bodies D4 Worlds Edition???

Exactly!

Tour of a dozen different tracks and I saw ONE all summer.
Yeah, that worked.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SirSpeedy

TESTIFY MY BROTHER TESTIFY!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been there, done that and got the hat to prove it. Electric sucks.....
You're in for a big surprise... When the bashers(you know, those guys that buy RC cars 10 times more often then us racers, and support the industry that ALLOWS you to race at all) hear they can have something faster, AND easier to deal with, you don't think those electrics will come to be a large part of the market? Like I said, you're in for a surprise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.