Wiki Posts
Search

No Novarossi in top 12 @ WC

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
You do realize RB's are made by Novarossi right? The carbs are the same. Nova motors are among the easiest to tune motors on the planet. Perhaps you got a VERY rare dud. Everyone makes a bad one from time to time.

Yes I am fully aware that they are the same motors. And I in no means am doubting I had a dud that wouldnt tune. When I said it will be the last Nova I will buy is first off because it was that hard to tune and secondly, I have had awesome luck with the RB line.

And I have tuned other Nova's and they tuned as easily as my RB (They should, as you mentioned they have the same carb). I just had so much hell with that one of mine that I dont see myself purchasing one in the future.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Ditch the RB and go STS!!! awesome motors!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just don't think there is any company on the market right now that can compete with the fuel economy of that OS Speed. Nova still has one of the smoothest engines on the market hands down, also has the longevity to make it through a full season. But we are talking about the worlds, a engine that will allow you to take one less pitstop in the event would peak my intrest and make me want to change over. If I knew OS had the Longevity of a Novarossi I would be willing to switch, but not sure if there problems are gone like the originals or not.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Pants down the STS beats the Speed!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
Pants down the STS beats the Speed!!!
Yeah, and my dad can beat your dad up. Give it up dude, no ones buying it.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin_Xtream49
I just don't think there is any company on the market right now that can compete with the fuel economy of that OS Speed.

Are you sure about that? I was of the impression that the GRP had a slight edge in that department.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Some RB onroad motors and some of the cheap T-Maxx motors are Sirio based. All others are Nova.
Thanks for the info wing! So its a mix of both companies, interesting.

Question is now, why does that guy keep going around making STS look like power for the speshul bus?!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by captain america
Are you sure about that? I was of the impression that the GRP had a slight edge in that department.
When I ran my GRP I tried everything to get the "claimed" fuel economy, but never even came close. Also when the GRP was restricted down it became very difficult to tune, and flamed out often. My OS speed gets good fuel mileage with a 7mm restricter, around 8-9min most of the time. Also I did here the new Novas are really a step up from the old ones, they have a 4 port coming out soon. We will see what happens...
Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmcn r

Question is now, why does that guy keep going around making STS look like power for the speshul bus?!
Either because he's importing them or what he said about having a force motor before is true. That's like going from a Yugo to a Chevy. Big improvement but still not a Ferrari.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

on topic:
Novarossi doesn't pay drivers to run their engines like GRP, they make enough money building engines for other brands lol
On the subject of fuel economy i tested My Speed and GRP both had roughly 3 gallons on them, also had a Nova plus 21-7bt on the same car, all of them with 7mm carb inserts.
The Speed was getting more than 9 minutes at my track, the Novarossi would run dry at 8.30(i was surprised by this considering the fact that i was using a 9886 pipe!!)
the GRP only got to 8 mins once i tried the 5.5mm carb restrictor and got to 9 minutes but the car had nothing on the long straits...
conclusion
GRP= good fuel economy= Marketing strategy.
Mayfield wasn't running Orange headed OS engines for nothing...
Travis Amezcua didn't switch to an OS based engine by chance...
Losi would be World champs if they weren't in bed with GRP.
Attached Thumbnails No Novarossi in top 12 @ WC-arsenal.jpg  
Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by gameholic2
Losi would be World champs if they weren't in bed with GRP.
That is impossible to know. It very well MAY be true but impossible to know for sure. Besides, WHO CARES? Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Hara IS the champ, not the coulda been a champ. He deserves all the credit.

That being said, I love OS motors. As I have said before, the only engines I like to run are made by either Novarossi, OS or Picco. Everything else has been a waste of time and money for me.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Also, I have yet to try it in offroad but Nova onroad motors get MUCH better mileage by removing a head shim and running 16% nitro with very little loss of power. Might be worth a try on a buggy too.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Either because he's importing them or what he said about having a force motor before is true. That's like going from a Yugo to a Chevy. Big improvement but still not a Ferrari.
My guess is, he's sitting back laughing his head off