Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T or Jammin X2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RC8T is by far the better truggy. It will fit everyones style. You can drive it smooth and be fast or you can drive it hammered and be fast. I prefer hammered.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

have you messed with an x2 at all??
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does passing them on the track count?

Of course I'm going to be bias in my opinion. I cannot say anything bad about the truck because I have never driven one. I can say that the RC8T is the best truck I have driven though.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

i wasent sure if manufactures messed with the competitions cars much
Old 11-04-2008, 05:46 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i do not like associateds' setup for hub retainers. cheesy and failure prone from what has been seen out here

R
Old 11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BigAlz another thing i notice with my jammin x2 is i get longer run on fuel ... see with the x2 you dont need full throttle, truggy is just fast .... i notice i when i race last weekend i was getting more run timecompare to the rc8t & losi 8t which still a bad ass truggy and after the main it was above half full and im running jpx.21 ...so the run times has improved
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

As a RC8T owner here's my take on the truggy.
I got back into R/C after a 6-7 year hiatius. Needless to say my skills were RUSTY as He!! I abused the crap out of my truggy, LOTS of very nasty violent crashes, and I never broke a single part. The durability of this thing is absoultely AMAZING!
I ran the truggy bone stock outta the box. Nothing broke, bent, twisted etc. lots of scratches and body damage but that's to be expected.
Out of the box w/stock set-up the truggy handles very nice, it jumps a bit funny(might just be our tracks jumps) and has a TON of off-power steering. Almost too much for somebody with slow reactions and rusty skills.
Once I finally settled down and started driving better I started tweeking the chassis, realizing there was no point making drastic changes until I could drive consistant laps.
I found a CRAPLOAD more handling and speed in that chassis. My truck looks smoother than most every truggy on the track (I'm the ONLY AE at my track) and it's very forgiving to drive. I'm still working to find more on-power steering but it's very close.

I finished 7th in the WI pro series finals with it after only my 3rd or 4th race back, and was the only Associated Truggy in the field. Was a darn good day for me.

As with any R/C first learn to drive with what you have from the box, then work on tuning the chassis to the track and your driving style, because it's IMPOSSIBLE to make ANY judgement calls on the handling of anything if you can't drive it properly.

Bottom line IMHO is that the RC8T is a very high quality truggy and you will do well with it. Just get the Truggy you want and have fun with it! Cause if you ain't havin' fun what's the point?
Attached Thumbnails RC8T or Jammin X2-105036453_ux5iza0h_img_1361_resize.jpg   RC8T or Jammin X2-105036463_jphjusge_img_1373_resize.jpg   RC8T or Jammin X2-105036472_ave2p8wh_img_1410_resize.jpg  

Last edited by elfie; 11-05-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

found a sweet deal on here.. so if all goes well.. MO is going out today.. for a rc8t, i was leaning away from it for the wrong reasons.. lol i always had AE before..in touring and t4s off road.. i just wanted somthing different... but they got great online support and the LHS keeps the parts there because about 3 others here already run them..they cant even order me ofna/jammin stuff... so hopefully now it shows up haha
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
BigAlz another thing i notice with my jammin x2 is i get longer run on fuel ... see with the x2 you dont need full throttle, truggy is just fast .... i notice i when i race last weekend i was getting more run timecompare to the rc8t & losi 8t which still a bad ass truggy and after the main it was above half full and im running jpx.21 ...so the run times has improved

My buddies X2 is also getting fantastic mileage......everyone here who is discounting the X2 is in for a rude awakening when they actually drive one..its lighter, faster,smoother and more efficient then the RC8 as well the Jammin is more durable..... I am a fan of the RC8 but to me its not as nice of a unit as the Jammin......Anyways its all good, go buy the RC8's it will just make it easier for me to beat you !!! LOL J/K
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigAlz
found a sweet deal on here.. so if all goes well.. MO is going out today.. for a rc8t, i was leaning away from it for the wrong reasons.. lol i always had AE before..in touring and t4s off road.. i just wanted somthing different... but they got great online support and the LHS keeps the parts there because about 3 others here already run them..they cant even order me ofna/jammin stuff... so hopefully now it shows up haha
your LHS sound like Hobbytown.... they cant order ofna wow anyway good luck w/rc8t still a great truggy
Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
My buddies X2 is also getting fantastic mileage......everyone here who is discounting the X2 is in for a rude awakening when they actually drive one..its lighter, faster,smoother and more efficient then the RC8 as well the Jammin is more durable..... I am a fan of the RC8 but to me its not as nice of a unit as the Jammin......Anyways its all good, go buy the RC8's it will just make it easier for me to beat you !!! LOL J/K
all true ..... driven the rc8t yesterday good truggy turns great but i wont compare it to the jammin...jammin is faster nor i campare it to str-r.. the losi 8t is the almost comparable to the rc8t but soon that will change when losi bring out the 2.0 version

hey Max by any chance you know roughly what the run time you friends get on fuel on the X2?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

lol great.. i send cash out for a rc8t.. and then you guys come with the real world answers ? hahah i guess ill just have to stick with having the 2nd best truck out
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Hey man, mostly the gas mileage thing has to do with the tuning of the engine. The only way u would know for sure is to put the same tuned engine in both and find out. Also the gearing on the X2 is a little lower, so it will get alot bettter gas mileage on a big track with long straights, but as for a small track, the RC8T would win that one hands down because of the high gearing.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Dickinson
Hey man, mostly the gas mileage thing has to do with the tuning of the engine. The only way u would know for sure is to put the same tuned engine in both and find out. Also the gearing on the X2 is a little lower, so it will get alot bettter gas mileage on a big track with long straights, but as for a small track, the RC8T would win that one hands down because of the high gearing.
The X2 is alot lighter then the RC8T. That will help gas mileage too.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

These were also my 2 choices. Im in the market for getting a new truggy. I own the X1 and have learned to drive it pretty well. I was able to run the X2 and the RC8T back to back at my local track. The RC8T felt really stable and was smooth on everything, when i started pushing it is when i had problems. With the X2 you can tell its more nimble. Not as stable but turns where and when you want it to. It matters what your driving still is like also. I think i could do better with the X2 only because im an aggressive driver and like knowing that i can turn whenever i want it to. Both are great though. And the X2 is nothing like the X1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.