Wiki Posts
Search

Marshaling preference.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Marshaling preference.

Say for some reason you have an off day and flip your ride. would you rather have the marshal put you on the backside of the next jump if they are close, but have to toss it to do so. or just flip you over and let you go on your way?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just flip it and don't worry about how you can help me recoup from a crash. There's to much else to keep your mind on. I flip them and and get back to my cone.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Back side if its not too far of a toss(1-2') otherwise just flip.people that get flipped front side of jump tend to get whacked by the next guy over jump.Poeple that get put on the down side tend to get away faster without screwing up somebody elses jump.

Most important is a marshall that can think & move fast & not throw the car back on its lid & racers that dont hit the gas till ALL 4 wheels are on the ground or they end up putting themselves back on the lid & sand blast the masshal.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And Man, do I hate it when they pin it befor it hits the ground.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

just flip it over. also make shure it is out of the way. not set in front of another car sreaming at yours. dont pick a notro vehicle from the sides. front or back. dont snuff out someones engine. monster trucks use the bumpers.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default preference

I say flip pointed straight or light toss forward so I dont get roosted. And one other thing I pay close attention to is if one flips and then another filps try to flip in first flip first served. I do that and I think is should be mentioned more. I like when I dont flip myself but like that will ever happen lol. and another thing should marshalls sit and wait for a crash i dislike sitters lol just my .02
Old 09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
just flip it over. also make shure it is out of the way. not set in front of another car sreaming at yours. dont pick a notro vehicle from the sides. front or back. dont snuff out someones engine. monster trucks use the bumpers.
Notice the part I put in bold. I can agree to it and for a good damn reason:

Yes, that's MY hand a few summers back, from picking up that truck from the sides:

Also WEAR GLOVES.

And yes, just flip me over, don't try to give me a push... If you screw up I might end up on my lid again and I'll be pretty mad
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PIMP_9000
I say flip pointed straight or light toss forward so I dont get roosted. And one other thing I pay close attention to is if one flips and then another filps try to flip in first flip first served. I do that and I think is should be mentioned more. I like when I dont flip myself but like that will ever happen lol. and another thing should marshalls sit and wait for a crash i dislike sitters lol just my .02
I don't think they should sit. "Racing" Should be taken serious. Club nights I don't frown to much. I never sit but I think in the mains it should be out of the question club night or not.

I don't like to toss a kit some times you can make it worse and have to get to it again. Its best to flip it in its tracks and get back to your cone.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Notice the part I put in bold. I can agree to it and for a good damn reason:

Yes, that's MY hand a few summers back, from picking up that truck from the sides:

Also WEAR GLOVES.

And yes, just flip me over, don't try to give me a push... If you screw up I might end up on my lid again and I'll be pretty mad
That's a nasty burn how did it heal? I keep gloves and safety glass in my pit box for marshaling and I use the glasses at the air compressor and fueling.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Lord

One more thing we could all volunteer marshal more. I'm pretty good about it but I see some that never do and they are the ones last to marshal when they have to.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It looked worse than it was....

I started to worry so I hit the doctor the same day that pic was taken.

Basically she cut off all that dead skin on top and bandaged it...

Something I could have done, and saved myself from paying a deductible

Also I agree on the volunteer marshalling thing but it does get tiring if you do it constantly. If everyone does it once in a while when an extra one is needed then it takes the load off everyone.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Flip me over where i crashed. Make sure you dont put me in front of any cars that are coming my way. Id rather have to wok my way up than get hit from behind. Thats alwasy the safest bet.
If someone crashes on or very close (1-2') to the face of a big jump i will set it on the down side. I will never toss a vehicle, it could only get worse.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

what about marshaling in the middle of the track?? should you stand up or kneal down so the drivers can see around you??
Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

As far as sitting goes there are some places were is better if the marshals are sitting so the drivers can see the track behind them. A big problem I see, mostly with inexperienced individuals, is standing in a place that blocks the drivers view... of course this can be avoided somewhat by placing clear marking on the track for the marshals.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Kneeling or standing? Are you kidding?If I have to kneel at a station I move somewhere else.Look around in the pits fat old beat up guys is what I see.If you cant see around a marshall on the warmup laps yell to the marshall to move or to the director to have the maeshall moved.I fit into all 3 catagories Fat,old,beat up.If I go down into a squat it will be a while before I get to your car,the knees just dont work so good any more,& before any one yells at a marshall if you can see their trying its not their fault you carshed.If their just lazy bastards yell all you want.

Back in the 1/10 scale days at my first home track the director would randomly delete a lap on the last race for habitual lazy marshals & every marshal that didnt come out or left early.At my new home track we have a guy probably 70+ that races & he's slow as hell but he always marshals even if he breaks & goes home after & that in my book is better than the faster kids that think their too good to marshal or their car is more important & dont find someone to cover for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.