Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Truggy - Won't Start? >

Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Truggy - Won't Start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Truggy - Won't Start?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Truggy - Won't Start?

I recently a acquired a new, RTR kyosho inferno truggy, which is based (almost completely) on the inferno mp7.5 buggy. It has the gxr28 engine, and was running reasonably for the first couple of tanks, then it became harder and harder to start.

Now, I'm new to all this nitro business, so it's highly possible that I'm doing something entirely wrong. But seeing as it started at first, and I'm following the instructions, that doesn't seem to be the problem.

After running in, I slowly leaned out the engine, just a tiny bit at a time, I was very careful and the exhaust was still blowing plenty of smoke. Then a stall. After that, it's become almost impossible to start. After about an hour and 20 minutes today, it finally fired up. Mid way though the tank it stalled again.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? am I doing something very wrong? The idle screw has been set to roughly where it was starting before, and I've tried adjusting it either way. I'm quite literally running out of skin on my fingers from tugging at that pullstart!

Help, please?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Check your glow plug.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Glow plug is fine. I also have a spare and get the same results with that
Old 09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Surely everybody here must have had trouble starting this/some engine at some point. Any tips or pointers at all are welcome. What has worked for you? What am i likely to have overlooked? How long should it be taking to fire up?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hard to say since I'm not there but if you are breaking it in it sounds like it is too rich? If it started up then later it stalled it is loading up possibly and if it is so rich that it stalled it would be almost flooded and be very hard to start again until some of that raw fuel is pumped back out of the engine. I'm guessing on this based on it being new and going through the break in. If you can't get it, do you have a hobby store in town? They should be happy to help you since you will be in all the time to buy stuff
Next time it stalls, try pulling on the starter for awhile (20 pulls?) without the glow plug ignitor and the glow plug a little loose until you feel the flooding has gone away then try starting it again WITH the glow plug ignitor. Probably will fire up easily if that is the problem. Then turn the high speed needle 1/4 turn if this all turns out to be true. If you are running with factory settings eventually you will need to lean the low speed needle some too.
There is good advice here about breaking in an engine. None of them really explain how to keep it running (which is what you need right now) but there will be plenty of advice on how to break it in.
Good luck.