R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   what buggy to buy?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/241539-what-buggy-buy.html)

F-1 09-09-2008 10:00 AM

what buggy to buy??

i want new buggy, but i dont now, what is the better, i chosen of mugen mbx6, HB D8, XRay 808, and losi 8ight. do you now what of this chassis is the better??

rav_cherry 09-09-2008 10:06 AM

You will probably get about a 100 different responses on why one is better than another.

I found talking to the different drivers (all skill levels) at the track made a big difference.

KendallWelch 09-09-2008 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by F-1 (Post 4820916)
i want new buggy, but i dont now, what is the better, i chosen of mugen mbx6, HB D8, XRay 808, and losi 8ight. do you now what of this chassis is the better??

Why not a Kyosho MP9?

boostfiend 09-09-2008 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by F-1 (Post 4820916)

It's all up to you, your driving style and your budget. Look over each car very close. Study the manual (most are avail from their respective websites) and pick the one that you like the most.

Also, read thru the threads on here for each buggy. Read each page and see what people are saying about their cars. It'll paint a much clearer picture than you'll EVER get here in this thread.

brit_bulldog 09-09-2008 02:17 PM

Tough one to get straight answer.

The Mugen and Kyosho cars are normally strongest but most expensive.
The Kyosho is the only one made in Japan so the plastic is best you can get.
As far as i know every other car is made in China or Far East apart from X-Ray which is made in Eastern Europe.
The Losi is a good car but you will need to option up and replace parts regular as they wear.
The AE is a good car but fragile so again be prepared to option up and replace plenty of parts.
X-ray is a very good car but again be prepared to spend a lot of money to get it to top spec.
Jammin/Hong Nor are good value but not the strongest.
Hot Bodies is same IMHO.
Hobao are are bit better than jammin and Hot bodies.

At the end of the day you really want to make sure you can have a days racing and enjoy it but within your budget.But You dont want to be doing lots of repairs and maintenance so get the best quality car you can afford.
Where you can save is on the engine, no need to get a hot top engine just a cheap Sirio or Nova Rossi 3 port will be good enough for a first engine the siro CL3B is really good for the money and many racers use this one for value for money.

If you look at race pedigree then it has to be Kyosho followed by Mugen.

If you wait till after worlds i am sure you will see some good deals :)

jrwoodchuck 09-09-2008 02:22 PM

Man, I'm going to get some mileage out of this post..:D

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck (Post 4802230)
Break out the boxing gloves, mouth guards, and my dad can beat up your dad insults. It will start with a simple, “I prefer the 808 over the MBX6R”. Followed up with a “yea but”. Then it will turn into all out war, nobody will be singing “Kumb by yaw”. And the anger really starts to seep in; people will be getting mad, kicking the dog, throwing the middle finger up at the monitor. Going out and robbing the local 7-11. You will start abusing alcohol, drugs and prostitutes. (The $2.00 kind and not the hot ones). Start cross dressing, (some of you are already there) and after weeks of soul searching, you figured out that you should have been born a girl; you sell your “808” and opt to move to Trinidad, Colorado. (Sex change capital, look it up) and get the “changes” that you always new should be. You will renounce your “NAMBLA” membership, and get ready for your new life. All of this came about because someone asked, “Which is better”. Do you really want to know?

Yes, I’m in therapy…

RobS 09-09-2008 02:41 PM

You'll be happy with any Buggy from any top manufacture. Support from all the top teams is pretty good on this site so you really can't go wrong with any of them. Personally I run the TQ Racing SX8 and absolutely love it! Quality is 2nd to none, car is dialed out of the box and the team support on this site is just awesome. Couldn't ask for more! :nod:

vladconnery 09-09-2008 02:42 PM

THE REAL ANSWER

All those buggys are crap in the wrong hands. All of those buggys can be a beast in the right hands. If you got skills anyone of those buggy's will be a good buggy. A buggy is as bulletproof as the person who owns it.

Maintenance + driving skills + Luck = Bulletproof

Never elevate a driver because of what he drives but how he drives what he drives.

If your just starting out all of those buggys will give you problems. It's called the learning curve. Anyone of those buggys will be twitchy with poor setup. Anyone of them can be setup for a novice and smooth predictable drivability.

Buy the one that when you look at it it gives you goosebumps. Loving what you have is half the battle and you will overlook and compensate for what it lacks with a smile :nod:.

Pick one and we will see you at the track.

DOMIT 09-09-2008 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 4821778)
THE REAL ANSWER

All those buggys are crap in the wrong hands. All of those buggys can be a beast in the right hands. If you got skills anyone of those buggy's will be a good buggy. A buggy is as bulletproof as the person who owns it.

Never elevate a driver because of what he drives but how he drives what he drives.

If your just starting out all of those buggys will give you problems. It's called the learning curve. Anyone of those buggys will be twitchy with poor setup. Anyone of them can be setup for a novice and smooth predictable drivability.

Buy the one that when you look at it it gives you goosebumps. Loving what you have is half the battle and you will overlook and compensate for what it lacks with a smile :nod:.

You know... I like the... oh heck... this is a great post. :nod:

bigsquidracer 09-09-2008 03:54 PM

mbx6 is going to be a great buggy. aonly thing is mugen parts are expensive

shesha 09-09-2008 09:27 PM

As far as what I have seen....

Kyosho, Mugen, Xray = Mercedes / BMW / AUDI

others follow, respect goes to Losi, i do not doubt it taking the world titles this year.....

Allumina 09-09-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by shesha (Post 4823322)
As far as what I have seen....

Kyosho, Mugen, Xray = Mercedes / BMW / AUDI

others follow, respect goes to Losi, i do not doubt it taking the world titles this year.....

If by Mercedes you mean Maybach :lol:

Respect to Losi... I suppose market saturation is a good technique :sneaky:

In all seriousness though, all three are/will be good cars. Honestly, the MBX6 didnt impress me yet, isnt really that light, and not a whole lot of changes, and some of the changes dont seem for the better. time will tell.

Personally i've got an MP9 on order :p

Robert.Hull 09-09-2008 09:43 PM

CEN Matrix

The Working Man 09-09-2008 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 4821778)
THE REAL ANSWER

This is the right way to look at it.

shesha 09-09-2008 10:10 PM

Just to make it more complicated for you... you know that most referals here are referring to the latest release....

Why would you want to consider blowing all your money on the top of the line buggy now, another way to look at it is older versions, for good bargains, then just upgrade as you learn.

All the brands are good just keep an eye out on new brands the, the older brands have worked out the kinks, and tend to just give you a better performing product from the previous models, if it's money you want to pay, as an advise spend it on fuel with more run time on different track layouts and keep learn the car inside out dont be afraid to try things out thats the best way to learn, and no do not listen or read of someones else setup sheet each has his own driving style.. you dial it as to how you drive it ....