Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Spektrum DX3R ?

What do you all think about the Spektrum DX3R . I am think about getting
one.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have one and I really like it. Only 4 AA bateries and they last for a long time. My only complaint is the display is really hard to read in bright sunlight conditions, but I would imagine most controllers are this way.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have one and a few friends also and we have all had some binding issues with the new recievers accasionally they would just unbind ,i am using the old dx3 reciever with it have been for quite a while now with no probs but my mates are still getting the occasional drama with the dsm2 ones
Old 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lots of info here, and here.

The binding issues were only on the early production models of the DX3R, if you get one now, it won't have any issues unless it's been sitting on the shelf for a while. Click here for the bind bulletin information, it's only limited to radios with a certain serial number listed there, and these were all 1st run radios, all newer ones won't fall under this bulletin.

I've been using mine since December, and I have gotten so used to the weight of the DX3R that it's truly hard for me to try and drive other guys' cars who use M11's or Futaba radios. It's very easy to use and make quick adjustments as well, it'd be very hard for me to start over using a heavier radio with more complex menu navigation. Just my $.02...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the good info
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bought mine yesterday and got it bound but that's basically it. I've got a new motor to break in and it's been raining all day and my real car broke down so i got nasty soaked fixing that. Hopefully both cars are ready to go by Sunday.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
Lots of info here, and here.

The binding issues were only on the early production models of the DX3R, if you get one now, it won't have any issues unless it's been sitting on the shelf for a while. Click here for the bind bulletin information, it's only limited to radios with a certain serial number listed there, and these were all 1st run radios, all newer ones won't fall under this bulletin.

I've been using mine since December, and I have gotten so used to the weight of the DX3R that it's truly hard for me to try and drive other guys' cars who use M11's or Futaba radios. It's very easy to use and make quick adjustments as well, it'd be very hard for me to start over using a heavier radio with more complex menu navigation. Just my $.02...
Thanks for the link
Old 08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought mine a few weeks back. I've heard that the antenna is real fragile and breaks easy. And then I came up on a thread here. I saw someone doing the antenna mod to it so I did it to mine as well. I had to bend the antenna a bit to install the back plate. It was also hell to get the LCD and transmitter module to back to their proper places. I had to use a small screwdriver wrapped in a clean fuel line to move it into place. I tested it to see if there was a range reduction of any kind by driving the car to about twice the length or about 4 times the width of the track I was at and felt no difference. You wouldn't be going anywhere near that far anyways.

p@dDy
Old 08-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I bought the radio and bound it to one of the 3500 receivers so I cannot comment on the new receiver. I can say the radio is great. It is so light. Very easy to navigate and use. My KO radio (which I also think is a great radio) is for sale right now.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Can anyone post a link to the antennae modification?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I just got back from trying my new DX3R. It is like night and day . I don't see the delay like did with my m8. The throttle fills lot smother now
Old 08-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just sold mine the other day. Not saying that it is a bad radio, but it seemed to lite for me and it always felt kinda odd....i went back to the M11 which i think is much better.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cdbias
Can anyone post a link to the antennae modification?
www.spektrum.com
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mp3ranger
What do you all think about the Spektrum DX3R . I am think about getting
one.
Get it...get it now. If you are takin a crap, stop and get it now. If you are makin relations with your woman, stop and get it now. It's like the Ipod of radios with the one touch click wheel and it's so light it's like an extension of your arm. 30 min mains will mean nothing to you. Read the direction three time before you start messing with the settings. Once you understand how Steering Rate, Exponential, and End point travel work, other than the normal handling tunning you will be able to dial your car in from the radio ON THE FLY!!

Get it now......
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The DX3R is a MUST HAVE radio. The Upgrade Skin makes it better as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.