R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   WERKS B7 PRO .21 FACTORY CARB SETTINGS!!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/241114-werks-b7-pro-21-factory-carb-settings.html)

Jr Losi Driver 09-06-2008 11:58 PM

WERKS B7 PRO .21 FACTORY CARB SETTINGS!!!!!

Out of the Box needle settings (360 degree total rotations from being closed): Low End 6.5, Mid Range 1.75, Top End 8.5. Idle stop screw opening; 5% (>.5mm). Recommended glow plugs are McCoy 59 (hot) and McCoy 8 (medium) Head shimming is at .01775 (2 thick [.18mm], 2 thin [.9mm])

Garet Jax 08-22-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jr Losi Driver (Post 4812748)
Out of the Box needle settings (360 degree total rotations from being closed): Low End 6.5, Mid Range 1.75, Top End 8.5. Idle stop screw opening; 5% (>.5mm). Recommended glow plugs are McCoy 59 (hot) and McCoy 8 (medium) Head shimming is at .01775 (2 thick [.18mm], 2 thin [.9mm])

Is this a statement or a question?

I ask because I went to start my slightly used B7 and it won't idle for even a second. So I want to return the engine to its factory settings and I don't know what they are.

Are these them?

Thanks.

Werks 08-22-2009 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jr Losi Driver (Post 4812748)

Jr Losi Driver,

Just looking at your post and I think that you might have mistakenly posted settings for the B7 not the B7-Pro. The carb that you are quoting has an adjustable mid range needle, the B7-Pro comes with a 2 needle carb (no mid-range adjustment) also the B7-Pro uses a turbo head button, it looks like the plugs that you are quoting (MC59 and MC8) are standard plugs which the B7 uses. These are completely different engines so please take care about differentiating between the two. Another quick visual cue will be the B7 has a silver case while on the B7-Pro we anodized the case black.

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing

Werks 08-22-2009 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Garet Jax (Post 6241739)
Is this a statement or a question?

I ask because I went to start my slightly used B7 and it won't idle for even a second. So I want to return the engine to its factory settings and I don't know what they are.

Are these them?

Thanks.

Garet, any time that you are out of whack and want to tune from scratch you can pretty much use these settings as a safe place to tune from. HS, flush with the end of the housing, LS flush with the end of the housing, idle screw, slide open aprox 1mm. This will work most of the time as a rich setting from which to tune from for most engines and engine brands.

What I would recommend though for you to do instead if your engine has been running perfectly before in the past and you are using the same set up (meaning same pipe, fuel, plug and fuel line length basically anything that would change the tune) is simply remove the air filter and try to start the car on the box. Once the engine catches blip it for a few minutes to warm up the engine and then let it come back down to idle. Note how far the slide is being open by the idle stop screw. If the engine idles down really low and then dies but the slide is open aprox. 1mm with the idle stop screw then you know that your LS needle setting is too rich. Simply lean this a couple of hours and try again keep on adjusting until you get the engine to idle. If the slide was hardly being held open by the idle stop screw simply screw this in so that the slide is open aprox 1mm, fire the engine up and then see how it idles. Adjust the LS needle to get the idle that you want. Then put the filter back on, toss the thing on the track and go through the tuning process like you normally would. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing

Garet Jax 08-23-2009 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Werks (Post 6241825)
Garet, any time that you are out of whack and want to tune from scratch you can pretty much use these settings as a safe place to tune from. HS, flush with the end of the housing, LS flush with the end of the housing, idle screw, slide open aprox 1mm. This will work most of the time as a rich setting from which to tune from for most engines and engine brands.

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing

Ron,

Thanks again for your help. I want to make sure I have identified the screws you indicated correctly. Please review my state of the art diagrams.... :D

PS - Is there any way to know how open the slide is without taking off the air filter?

supralative 08-23-2009 06:09 PM

Your diagram is correct.
Unfortunately you can not see how for the idle set screw is open when the filter is on. You will have to remove the air filter elbow to see it. Its just a zip tie holding it on so its no biggie at all.

Garet Jax 08-23-2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by supralative (Post 6245752)
Your diagram is correct.
Unfortunately you can not see how for the idle set screw is open when the filter is on. You will have to remove the air filter elbow to see it. Its just a zip tie holding it on so its no biggie at all.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Adding and removing the air filter isn't a huge deal, just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way.

71schaeffer 07-13-2012 12:01 PM

can anyone tell me if i can put a new "2010" model werks B6 carburator on my used B7? My carburator for it is missing when i bought it and i cant find it anywhere, i cant see much of a difference if they are made from the same company