8IGHT 2.0!

Old 12-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey folks, i'm hoping some of you are still running the 2.0
Do you know if the body from the 8-X fits the 2.0? or the one from the 8-E (this one), or even the body from an 8T?

Cheers!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crlock View Post
Hey folks, i'm hoping some of you are still running the 2.0
Do you know if the body from the 8-X fits the 2.0? or the one from the 8-E (this one), or even the body from an 8T?

Cheers!
They wont fit. You can make a 3.0 body fit. Motor is moved over a bit.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by token View Post
They wont fit. You can make a 3.0 body fit. Motor is moved over a bit.
bummer, i liked the smooth curvy look on the X. i'm not a fan of the cab forward design.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey folks, i'm stock piling parts for my 2.0 and now i'm looking at shocks, i believe the new 8ight rtr uses the same 15mm shocks, but i believe a shocks upgrade is in order.
I'm not a pro racer by any means so i'm not looking for a newer kit, i just want to keep my 2.0 fresh.
With that, would a set of 16mm shocks fit the box stock setup? i'm looking at the JQ racing 16mm shocks set basically because i'm too lazy to fish for the TLR shocks parts, well i did, and they are almost 110 dollars more expensive than those JQ shocks.
Appreciate any info you guys can give me, thanks!
Old 01-18-2019, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crlock View Post
Hey folks, i'm stock piling parts for my 2.0 and now i'm looking at shocks, i believe the new 8ight rtr uses the same 15mm shocks, but i believe a shocks upgrade is in order.
I'm not a pro racer by any means so i'm not looking for a newer kit, i just want to keep my 2.0 fresh.
With that, would a set of 16mm shocks fit the box stock setup? i'm looking at the JQ racing 16mm shocks set basically because i'm too lazy to fish for the TLR shocks parts, well i did, and they are almost 110 dollars more expensive than those JQ shocks.
Appreciate any info you guys can give me, thanks!
just look at lengths, if they are the same then your good obviously but if they are longer then the car wonít actually go down all the way before the chassis hits the bottom which will damage the shocks. If they are a tad short thatís better then to long because the chassis will still go all the way down before the shocks stop.

If u really need stuff I have two cars in prestine condition and a ton of shocks that are nearly new. If u wanna do a FaceTime call and look at everything let me know u could buy this all for next to nothing as I donít need any of it anymore. I would just be happy to see it go to someone thatís going to use it and make a little side money for something I would wanna get for my 8 4.0 or possibly put it toward an X that Iíve been wanting!! Lmk if your interested or need any help with info I know very very much about the 8th scale losi program.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post

just look at lengths, if they are the same then your good obviously but if they are longer then the car wonít actually go down all the way before the chassis hits the bottom which will damage the shocks. If they are a tad short thatís better then to long because the chassis will still go all the way down before the shocks stop.

If u really need stuff I have two cars in prestine condition and a ton of shocks that are nearly new. If u wanna do a FaceTime call and look at everything let me know u could buy this all for next to nothing as I donít need any of it anymore. I would just be happy to see it go to someone thatís going to use it and make a little side money for something I would wanna get for my 8 4.0 or possibly put it toward an X that Iíve been wanting!! Lmk if your interested or need any help with info I know very very much about the 8th scale losi program.
thanks!! i'll definitely keep asking stuff, but as far as to buy something it'll be difficult, i'm not from the US, I live in Chile, waaay down in south america, the shipping costs would be crazy , but i really appreciate your offer!