Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8IGHT 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got my tranasplant almost done, waiting on a new switch to complete the surgery....Looks to me that Losi has done some kinda job on the changes Can't wait to get this one on the track!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think 100+ ounces is min for a throttle servo.

The new radio tray moves the servo over a few mm away from the engine. It also has a support added beehind the servo where the old tray did not. This helps with vibration. This was found to be the cause of the past servo issues.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (92%+)

hey burton how ya do in Cali
Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

They had 200 plus entries and it was a blast! In pro buggy I was 8th for the first round and 10th for the second round(two total rounds) and they did rocket round. I ended up 11th(BQ). Car was great and it was a super fast field.

here is the funny part:

I got a new spektrum radio and decided to tape the buttons so that my thumb would not click them. Instead I sped the process up and took the D/R to zero on my brakes. Initially I thought the radio messed up so I just had to start the race. I managed to lead 1 maybe two laps it seems like but on that track it requires a lot of good braking. The guys caught me and once that happened I pulled off. I was just hoping they would mess up enough to allow me to cruise It don't really work like that in Cali! IT's a lesson learned but I'm happy with the progress. I'm getting to run in heats with guys like Adam, Mike, Cody king, and many other fast guys. You also get to practice with them and it really helps. Thats the whole point of me racing out there instead of home. My lap times were good and my best runs were only about 10 seconds of the fastest times. I felt like a Dumb @#$ on the radio deal though
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

OK guys, I have a question for the ones who have driven the 1.0 AND the 2.0.

I am running an 8ight-E and I absolutely love the car. I am much faster with it than I was with my e-RC8. My only problem with the car is that it is a total handfull when the track is dry. Our track is very tacky when it is wet, and under those conditions, the car is a dream. When the track gets dry, I can barely drive it. My RC8 was very consistent no matter what the conditions. Is it possible to get the 8ight 1.0 to be that consistent? I have sen the 2.0 run on a few different local tracks, and the car looks hooked no matter what the conditions. Should I look at buying a few of the 2.0's main parts? (chassis, towers, etc.) Has anyone actually tried doing that with a 1.0 and had favorable results? Or, is there a magic adjustment to get me some more consistency out of this car? I already messed around with some rear toe and anti-squat but didn't see any very noticable gains.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
If ya put the kit in your cart it will be $539 on www.carolinasrc.com, then they have these codes:

Save Up to $100 in December!
To save up to $100 on your next order, enter the following discount code into your shopping cart before checking out.

If your Order is Between:You Saveiscount Code:
$100.00 - $199.99 $7.50 RCDEC87
$200.00 - $299.99$15.00 RCDEC815
$300.00 - $649.99$30.00 RCDEC830
$650.00 - $60.00 RCDEC860
$950.00 +$100.00 RCDEC8100

So thats looking like $509 to ya on the 2.0. If you got somemore items and get the order to over 650 you can save $60.

i got my 2.0 for 489 on amain but that was when they has 10% off and a member discount. thats the reason i grabbed mine

But the reason im postin is has anyone had any problems with the 2.0?? ive been reading and its looking like diffs are messing up? Anything else or what? i just wanna be prepared i will be throwing my new grp in the 2.0 on the 25th and then the 30th will be its first race
Old 12-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only problem I have seen here locally is front shock towers are breaking or bending pretty easily.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

We have quite a stable of Losi's and we haven't had any problems with the cars. The diff's are improved from the old car and are twice as durable as the old.

If they are having rear diff problems then they are using the incorrect number/size of shims. One thing I did notice, the book calls for using 3 shims on each side. My car only came with 2 on each side and if you get them mixed up it puts a bad bind on the rear drive line. Also, there are 2 different sizes of shims that Losi uses on the car......just make sure to reassemble the same way that it came to you. Good luck and enjoy the car!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Andrew....I'm not sure but I'll tell ya this.

The local racers in my area have alwaysbeen used to running on wet damp tracks. It's super easy to pull the trigger and crank the wheels on a track like that and just slam on the brakes.

If those same guys were to ever go to a track that was dry or "grooved" they had a very tough time and always complained about the setup, traction, etc.

Many of these guys have now traveled with me to races that are ran dry and our local tracks(some) go dry all the time now. These guys who once complained now do fine.

Not saying that is you or that you can not drive by any means. Just sayin maybe so and should that be the case just practice on a dry track when ya can. We were all in that position at one time or another

What KV engine you running in your e 8?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They had 200 plus entries and it was a blast! In pro buggy I was 8th for the first round and 10th for the second round(two total rounds) and they did rocket round. I ended up 11th(BQ). Car was great and it was a super fast field.

here is the funny part:

I got a new spektrum radio and decided to tape the buttons so that my thumb would not click them. Instead I sped the process up and took the D/R to zero on my brakes. Initially I thought the radio messed up so I just had to start the race. I managed to lead 1 maybe two laps it seems like but on that track it requires a lot of good braking. The guys caught me and once that happened I pulled off. I was just hoping they would mess up enough to allow me to cruise It don't really work like that in Cali! IT's a lesson learned but I'm happy with the progress. I'm getting to run in heats with guys like Adam, Mike, Cody king, and many other fast guys. You also get to practice with them and it really helps. Thats the whole point of me racing out there instead of home. My lap times were good and my best runs were only about 10 seconds of the fastest times. I felt like a Dumb @#$ on the radio deal though

Hey Alan. There is this cool thing called an instruction manual. It came in the box with your radio. It goes on to explain you can turn off or re-asign any of those buttons. LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

lmao...I know Randy, I was almost ashamed to admit it..lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My first night out I had the same problem LOL

Allbeit I wasn't at huge club race in Cali against some of the top guns in the industry. (shakes head at Alan)
Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

lol...

No matter how long you have been in it, you always stand to learn
Old 12-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Andrew....I'm not sure but I'll tell ya this.

The local racers in my area have alwaysbeen used to running on wet damp tracks. It's super easy to pull the trigger and crank the wheels on a track like that and just slam on the brakes.

If those same guys were to ever go to a track that was dry or "grooved" they had a very tough time and always complained about the setup, traction, etc.

Many of these guys have now traveled with me to races that are ran dry and our local tracks(some) go dry all the time now. These guys who once complained now do fine.

Not saying that is you or that you can not drive by any means. Just sayin maybe so and should that be the case just practice on a dry track when ya can. We were all in that position at one time or another

What KV engine you running in your e 8?
Your right, I don't normally drive on a dry track, but I come from a motocross background and understand the concept of throttle control very well. I tend to try and slide the car a little more when it is dry and carry speed through the corners that way. I have been practicing it more, but it just feels like the car is on edge. I can always adapt to the way the car is handling, but I just think, that if it was a little more consistent, then I could push it a little more on the dry surfaces. Would the 2.0 chassis or towers help out in this area possibly? I mean, I was getting wheel spin down the entire straight last night. haha.

Also, I am running the 2100KV. I turn up the EXP a little when it gets drier also, just to aid in the wheelspin.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I used the search and came up negative on finding a list of what parts you need to get the 1.0 anywhere near the advantages of the 2.0. Ive got a price break cause I work at a hobbie shop, so I was curious if it be worth trying to convert for my dad to kick the car around some next season.

Thanks guys,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.