Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8IGHT 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but after seeing the video on the new Losi 22 1/10 electric which uses metric screws and bearing, I was wondering if they will do the same on the 1/8 buggy when they come out with an updated version.

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
Not sure if this has been discussed, but after seeing the video on the new Losi 22 1/10 electric which uses metric screws and bearing, I was wondering if they will do the same on the 1/8 buggy when they come out with an updated version.

Thoughts?

I wish we knew when they were coming out with a new Losi 8ight as well. Anyone know when or if anytime soon?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by petevette

Thoughts?
i hope they don't, after using metric with mugen, hot bodies etc the US standard hardware is FAR FAR better they dont strip heads and have deeper threads
Old 12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The Losi cars are actually extremely durable. Parts wear may not be their strong point, but they never break. Parts wear on any car. There are a few brands out there that wear less than a losi car, but I wouldn't say losi cars wear fast. Parts wear is average in my opinion. I wouldn't let the rumors of parts wear steer you clear of the Losi car. It is one of the best on the market.

Any and all suspension arms will warp over time. I haven't found that the buggy arms warp faster than normal. I've run a set of arms for a pretty damn long time before and sure they were warped afterwords, but nothing out of the ordinary and nothing you could feel on the track. Storing your buggy with the weight off the wheels is a good way to minimize warping.

Rob, I don't know of any way to harden plastic. You could try running 1.0 arms if you can still find them somewhere. If I'm not mistaken they were made of harder plastic. You'd have to drill out the rear outer pin hole for the larger hing pins. I think that's the only modification you'd need though.

If you want to get real anal about it, remove the shocks from the tower (buggy) when not in use.....95mm and 106mm droop setting's apply quite a bit of pressure to the shocks and there for the arms trying to hold that setting. I remove my shocks for my Off season and replace my arms maybe once a year ? (if i had to guess)
Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBTRAV
i hope they don't, after using metric with mugen, hot bodies etc the US standard hardware is FAR FAR better they dont strip heads and have deeper threads
I agree! US Standard is much better hardware. You need what, like one more set of 4 hex wrenches and a couple nut drivers to run US Standard??? I don't see what people complain about. That is like nothing. Anyway unless they do a total re-design, we won't be switching hardware anytime soon. There are far too many parts that would need to be changed. Lets just hope they stick with the current hardware package.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

It seems that everyone is always looking for a new car or something updated but to be very honest, I just don't see where these companies have anywhere to go with design. The possibility of a better shock for all cars may be something to look at but then you're looking at a pretty big expense. I just don't see where the Losi needs anything at all.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
It seems that everyone is always looking for a new car or something updated but to be very honest, I just don't see where these companies have anywhere to go with design. The possibility of a better shock for all cars may be something to look at but then you're looking at a pretty big expense. I just don't see where the Losi needs anything at all.
I don't see it either. I think with some of the EU parts, the losi car is really tough to beat. Adding those parts is like a subtle update in itself. I think the smart move would be to come out with an updated all option included KIT version that comes with the majority of the upgrades(similar to the EU). I think that would be the next logical move for Losi, but I've been wrong before. I know that's what I want. I'm sick of this whole roller thing personally. TLR is supposed to only sell kit versions from here on out. Smart move in my opinion. I hate rollers! lol
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Show871
I keep wearing holes in my rear shock caps from the top mounting bolt & assy. Is there any reconfiguration I can use to prevent this? Thanks 871
BIN the stock plastic inserts and cut a piece of fuel tube to fit. Check and replace often.
Cheap 'n' simple.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

One little question.
Which Diff setup will have more steering over all, on power and off power? Which one is more agressive?

5-7-2 or 7-5-2 or 5-5-2? Is it a general rule for all cars? Or just for the 8ight?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Killing Throttle Servo's

I have a L8 losi late model it has eaten a servo everday I have run the car.
I have the end points right (travel) I'm using the groumets for dampening. Over the weekend I was at 3 day race, I start the car for the 3rd heat and no throttle servo. Missed the heat hated that! Put new servo in morning ran practice and the last heat go out to scuff tires in for main pull car off right before main start car and no throttle servo 8min before the main. it takes 7min to get one changed.
MY car is killing servo's I wasn't in one wreck or hit any moving or solid objects.
Is there a fix for this? HELP
I was told that there is one? PLEASE HELP

The servos were 2 airtronic and 3 Spectrums not brand specific problem
Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBL2PE
One little question.
Which Diff setup will have more steering over all, on power and off power? Which one is more agressive?

5-7-2 or 7-5-2 or 5-5-2? Is it a general rule for all cars? Or just for the 8ight?
I use to use 5-7-2 but recently tried 5-5-5 and it worked well on a dusty track. Then ended up with 5-5-4. It let's me drive the car a little harder without spinning out. As long as it's not a tight tech track like our winter series is run on 5-5-4 works well. I'll prob end up with 5-5-3 on this high bite track. Try the 5-5-5 I bet you will be amazed these cars have tons of steering so to loose a little is ok.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

just to add im racing on a grass track.
thanks for your answer but which setup will give me the most steering? 5-7-2?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I think with some of the EU parts, the losi car is really tough to beat.
So what parts on the EU version would you need to place on the roller? Just curious as I am about to place an order.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBL2PE
just to add im racing on a grass track.
thanks for your answer but which setup will give me the most steering? 5-7-2?
Bingo.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
I have a L8 losi late model it has eaten a servo everday I have run the car.
I have the end points right (travel) I'm using the groumets for dampening. Over the weekend I was at 3 day race, I start the car for the 3rd heat and no throttle servo. Missed the heat hated that! Put new servo in morning ran practice and the last heat go out to scuff tires in for main pull car off right before main start car and no throttle servo 8min before the main. it takes 7min to get one changed.
MY car is killing servo's I wasn't in one wreck or hit any moving or solid objects.
Is there a fix for this? HELP
I was told that there is one? PLEASE HELP

The servos were 2 airtronic and 3 Spectrums not brand specific problem
MAKE SURE THE SERVO ISN'T HITTING ANYTHING UNDER FLEX. MAKE SURE THT IT'S NOT TOUCHING THE CHASSIS GUARDS. I TRIM MY GUARDS BETWEEN THE 2 MOUNTING SCREWS. JUST TAKE THE LIP OFF SO THE GUARD IS FLAT IN THAT SECTION.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.