R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #751
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS_Racing View Post
My 2.0 is my first 8ight and my first nitro 1/8 so im asking for some help. After a gallon and a 1/2 i ate up the clutch...what do you guys recommended replacing it with?? keep the losi clutch and just replace the shoes, or replace the entire thing?? thanks for your help
Well a gallon and a 1/2 sounds right for the stock clutch for wear. Personally I never liked the stock Losi shoes. If you want shoes that will last longer try the King Headz 7075 shoes, or the Dynamite MaxLife, or the Losi longwear shoes, or the M2C shoes. I have used all of them except the M2C, but heard the M2C were great shoes as far as wear and performance.
Losi-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #752
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guy..went with the dynamite maxlife w/ gold and silver springs. Replaced the bearings too they were close to going too. I used the losi ones..do the ceramic bearing get better life?
GMS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #753
Tech Elite

The Losi clutch bell bearings are very good. Ceramics may be just as good, maybe, but more expensive.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #754
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i just dont like the origional wing

i used my origional wing for ages but it did crack down through all the supports very quickly

the supports on the rc8 are alot thicker and their plastic has alot more flex in it

we have some massive jumps here and i rearly land on my wing. but when i do its a big landing

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #755
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

little mod i did to my 1.0 chassy's

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #756
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS_Racing View Post
Thanks for the info guy..went with the dynamite maxlife w/ gold and silver springs. Replaced the bearings too they were close to going too. I used the losi ones..do the ceramic bearing get better life?

The silver springs are going to cause premature wear because they are a bit too stiff for buggy. Try 4 gold rather than 2 gold 2 silver.
mbrienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #757
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Integra, did you anodize your quick change engine mount black?
baruke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #758
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nope that is a Kings Headz motor mount i believe...
CaLaBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #759
Tech Initiate

I've run my 2.0 for 3 weekends now and am pretty happy with it, especially thru our tracks rythum section.
One thing I have noticed is that the rear end is loose compared to my 1.0. I am running Truhe's setup which includes 5/7/2 for diffs, 40wt/25wt for for shock fluid and the stock tires that came with the roller (I run Bowties on the 1.0). Our local track is pretty dusty and loose. Am I noticing the difference in the tires? What other suspension settings could I use to plant the rear end?
CJKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #760
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJKinney View Post
I've run my 2.0 for 3 weekends now and am pretty happy with it, especially thru our tracks rythum section.
One thing I have noticed is that the rear end is loose compared to my 1.0. I am running Truhe's setup which includes 5/7/2 for diffs, 40wt/25wt for for shock fluid and the stock tires that came with the roller (I run Bowties on the 1.0). Our local track is pretty dusty and loose. Am I noticing the difference in the tires? What other suspension settings could I use to plant the rear end?

your feelin the tires imo.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJKinney View Post
I went to 30wt oil in the rear cause mine kept pogo sticking on short jumps..seemed to settle down the back end all together too
GMS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #762
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by baruke1 View Post
Integra, did you anodize your quick change engine mount black?

as Calaber stated....its a KH mount....makes it a little more challenging to get the mesh 100% along with the etched lines....but it still does the trick...i got rid of my Losi quick mount real fast as i found it to Stick alot and make it a pain to remove the motor.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #763
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm buying the new 2.0 and selling 8 but what from the old car is still usable on the new car shock/ diffs drive shafts?
nazprerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #764
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazprerunner View Post
I'm buying the new 2.0 and selling 8 but what from the old car is still usable on the new car shock/ diffs drive shafts?

same diffs same drive shafts but the 2.0's will be a little thicker and with a harder steel pin supposedly.......most of the plastics...minus the steering rack and rear diff case.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #765
Tech Initiate

My bet is the tire as well. I'll swap them next weekend and see (if the weather holds). I may try 30wt in the rear as well, ran it in the 1.0 and liked it.
So, is the 2.0 shimmable rear diff done by a change in the case, the plastic bearing housings or in a change in the gear machining?
CJKinney is offline   Reply With Quote