8IGHT 2.0!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock View Post
This post makes me laugh. There isn't a kit out there that doesn't need upkeep. Get a Jammin Truggy and look at the drivetrain after a gallon. Or talk to a Kyosho Truggy owner about the rear gear mesh issues. I know you're referring to your Losi buggy, but what I'm trying to point out is that any vehicle you drive will need work and upkeep. Losi isn't any worse than others.
Oh, I am in no way denying that. I enjoy keeping a kit in top shape, I just felt that the Losi was a bit excessive in that department. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but there are certainly people who feel the same way I do.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostfiend View Post
Oh well, good thing I didn't order my spare buggy and new GRP engines. I guess maybe I'll go Kyosho and Trinity.
Ok ok ok, maybe that was a bit harsh. hehe. I do wish Losi would release some info before updating their team drivers for the biggest race in the world.

It'll be interesting to see what Jukka and the gang come up with.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple View Post
Oh, I am in no way denying that. I enjoy keeping a kit in top shape, I just felt that the Losi was a bit excessive in that department. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but there are certainly people who feel the same way I do.
I certainly have to disagree with you. 3 gallons thru the buggy and I've only replaced clutch shoes. Even the clutch bearings are stock. ...and no, the front end of my Losi has no slop.

I don't know how people are wearing the Losi out. ...but I imagine many of the same people could wear out a block of teflon in record time.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

You guys had to wrench on your 8ights?

My 8ight had 12-13 gallons run through it this season. My maintenance consisted of washing it in the kitchen sink and putting it back together. I might have rebuilt my shocks every other race. Diffs I only did twice all season.

But that's it, I never really had to 'wrench' on my 8ight, and I never DNF'd.

Other racers would even talk smack about how little I worked on it, but again, I finished every race this season.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post

My 8ight had 12-13 gallons run through it this season. My maintenance consisted of washing it in the kitchen sink and putting it back together. I might have rebuilt my shocks every other race. Diffs I only did twice all season.

Other racers would even talk smack about how little I worked on it, but again, I finished every race this season.
+++1

And i just sold mine last week for a good sum, so this news of a 2.0 version is making my mouth water...
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostfiend View Post
I don't know how people are wearing the Losi out. ...but I imagine many of the same people could wear out a block of teflon in record time.
I don't know, I think some people are just better suited to different brands.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post

Yep, I have no idea on how people think it is fragile. My has had a flogging and just keeps on running
Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy View Post
Yep, I have no idea on how people think it is fragile. My has had a flogging and just keeps on running
+2

I am still trying to figure out where the fragile rumor comes from. CB bearings 3 times this year thats it (user error). Wash it, service shocks, diffs and clutch the normal stuff. That was it and my Losi took some really bad tumbles this year. I was even surprised when it was not broken. Funny thing I thought it was fragile like everyone was saying so I kinda babied it. However the more it prooved it was durable the rougher I was with it. One time in particular this year after a jump where I got MAJOR air at full speed. It tumbled end over end atleast 10 times. I did not even try to give it gas I walked down on the track to get it with my head hung low. Embarrassed I new it was broke all to heck. Got down there it was still running I looked at it and not thing was wrong. I blipped it a couple of times sat it on the track and it took off. Got back on the stand and all the guys were shaking there head they could not believe it was not broke even they were impressed with its durability. I was smiling ear to ear.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Rookie

http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/82o.jpg
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i saw that at neobuggy a little while ago

what a sad excuse for a spy shot...wooo decals and plastic bags!!

it confirms it at least
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Im all for a conversion kit..Id rather spend $150 on the conversion, then get low balled, maybe $225-$250 to sell mine and pay $550 or whatever for a new one.. Myself included asked about a new car, I just bought a new kit, it hasnt even touched the ground yet.. Not the happiest camper in the world rite now..LOL Ohh well, what can you do..
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i am one of the lucky , if you can use the term....ones, my 8ight is one of the original kits so i have gotten my use out of it....

i am looking forward to getting a new kit, but an undecided as to what i am going to do with my old kit....i may just keep it for spare parts.....

cause it is not going to be worth the hop ups i have on it....

if i had a part number, the kit would be on back order.....
Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdub202 View Post
i saw that at neobuggy a little while ago

what a sad excuse for a spy shot...wooo decals and plastic bags!!

it confirms it at least
Does it confirm it or just say that Losi is going to the 2008 Worlds...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This weekend Losi's team drivers received upgrade 'goody bag' packages with the new parts to try out before heading to Charlotte for the Worlds. Our fearless reporter managed to snap a few pics of the parts in their bags before they were hurridly taken away and hidden from view for next week's official launch.

Our understanding is that the 8ight 2.0 will be released and marketed as a brand new car; a development of the 8ight - originally released in late 2006. The car comprises of several updates to key areas; focusing on improving handling, durability and reducing weight.
New features include: all metal parts are now anodized black, parting from Losi's traditional hard-anodized grey look, the chassis is longer, new gearboxes, a possible direct drive center driveshaft, new improved diffs, new rear hubs, new body and much more.
from neo-buggy^^
Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
i am one of the lucky , if you can use the term....ones, my 8ight is one of the original kits so i have gotten my use out of it....

i am looking forward to getting a new kit, but an undecided as to what i am going to do with my old kit....i may just keep it for spare parts.....

cause it is not going to be worth the hop ups i have on it....

if i had a part number, the kit would be on back order.....
I'm in the same sitch. But my old one will become a L8ight Model. Oh yea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service