Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axial Engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Well I hope it does... but It never hurts to have extra pipes in the box of tricks

Thanks for the Advice
Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

I just ran this weekend with my new Axial .28 RR, i did the reccomended break in and everything and was wondering, as i was tuning it, if i left it kinda rich i wouldnt quite get the power i wanted and the motor would run way cold, when i would lean it up about 2 hours and it sounded and ran like i wanted it woul run way hot, like 265 or so, anyone else have this problem.
Oh and ya, it is a gas hog, second race i didnt even make it the whole 6 minutes, just managed to coast across the line in the last 30 seconds lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I dont recommend the spec 1 .28 I had 1 and the carb is horrible but if your going to get 1 seal the whole motor before you run it. It is powerful, Axial does make a direct fit bump start back plate for it. 086 should be fine since its a .28 torque motor = high end pipe. JP pipes are generally ok but are fuel thirsty themselves so I wouldnt recommend it on the Axial. Check out the GO TECH .25 6port race faster than any .28 I have ever seen and for a little less on the wallet there is a .25 I belive 3 port sport still a good engine. GO also makes .28's in race and sport models too but for truggy racing I see no need for 1 i ran a .21 5 port race in 1 of the heaviest truggies out there and couldnt be touched by $400 .28's.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLuke2
I just ran this weekend with my new Axial .28 RR, i did the reccomended break in and everything and was wondering, as i was tuning it, if i left it kinda rich i wouldnt quite get the power i wanted and the motor would run way cold, when i would lean it up about 2 hours and it sounded and ran like i wanted it woul run way hot, like 265 or so, anyone else have this problem.
Oh and ya, it is a gas hog, second race i didnt even make it the whole 6 minutes, just managed to coast across the line in the last 30 seconds lol.
i ran the 28rr in a truggy just to bash and theay all run hot thats the only way to get the low end power out of them i ran it with the jp3 not trying to bash axial but theay arnt good for a truggy monster truck maybe i still have bump start plate and a bunch of parts and yes the carbs suck the med range will back out every time get the jpx 28 now thats a real 28 or a good 21