I got punked by a toy car!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I got punked by a toy car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I got punked by a toy car!

Ran the RC Pro Southern Region round 3 this past weekend, and had a blast... but:

I was marshalling the Expert Truggy A-main, when one of the drivers got out of shape and launched his truck off the side of the jump (it happens... no big deal) and "lawn darted" it onto my foot. (Ouch!)

Results: Broken big toe. Oh well... like I said, it's racing, stuff happens.

What REALLY pisses me off though is that I'm on the ground with this guy's truck, still trying to get him back on the track... with him holding it full pin.

That's one of the first things you learn as a beginner- when you are being marshalled, STAY OFF THE THROTTLE.

And of course the driver is too much of a punk to apologize too... which is what I expected and all I'm really still looking for. (I don't know who it is, but it is a blue and white truggy, of which there were 3. I've eliminated one of them already... if I find out who it is, I've got a few words for him, or maybe for his sponsors since he's not man enough to step up...

It was also brought to the attention of the track owner and race director, as well as the RC Pro Series rep doing tech.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

That happens in our local club quite often. Been buzzed by a few tires myself. Our rules state that if the wheels are turning, you just leave it be and stick your hands out to let the guy know to get off the gas.

Only problem is, as soon as you get the car upright, the yahoo hammers the throttle before you've even let go...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about that Brad. Hope you are okay. That is pretty s#itty for someone to hit you with there car and not even apologize. Hope all ends well. John P.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Sorry to hear about that Brad. Hope you are okay. That is pretty s#itty for someone to hit you with there car and not even apologize. Hope all ends well. John P.
I'll live... I'm not mad about getting hit, that just happens. No big deal.

I'm annoyed that he didn't have sense enough to stay off the throttle while I'm trying to get him back on the track... it nearly hit me in the face because he was being an idiot.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yep....
Then its a mouth full of dirt!!!

I've taken a buggy at full speed off a huge jump into my ribs,... knocked the wind out of me and left a nasty green and purple bruise. I almost went down...LOL. Since then, I have a new respect for caution when I'm up there driving. You actually can get really hurt especially if you a smaller kid.

Be careful!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I took 1/8 buggy in the leg off the jump in the trophy race this weekend. I got a small bruise from it.

My worst accident was when 5 yr kid walked out on the track. I was racing a Savage then I knocked him off his feet like doing a karate leg swiper. I thought I broke his ankle he got up everything ok. I was going wide open on the straight a way.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

brad,, i was there it wasnt a truggy that broke your toe, it was between rounds and it was a rc18t.. i knew there was something about your fishing stories that sounded, well, fishy...

i never got an apology from the (fill in the blank) from my incident either dont really expect one.. something about big events, it just makes a$$holes out of the nicest people. and the ones that lean to it normally, it just makes them worse.

just joking on the 18t thing his toe was moshed really hard.. took many many beverages to get him walking semi normal again.

maybe this will be of some help was it one of these? (click image for larger)

Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
brad,, i was there it wasnt a truggy that broke your toe, it was between rounds and it was a rc18t.. i knew there was something about your fishing stories that sounded, well, fishy...

i never got an apology from the (fill in the blank) from my incident either dont really expect one.. something about big events, it just makes a$$holes out of the nicest people. and the ones that lean to it normally, it just makes them worse.

just joking on the 18t thing his toe was moshed really hard.. took many many beverages to get him walking semi normal again.

maybe this will be of some help was it one of these? (click image for larger)

POSSIBLY the first one, but I don't think so. Similar though... Honestly it is hard to say, stuff happens pretty fast...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
POSSIBLY the first one, but I don't think so. Similar though... Honestly it is hard to say, stuff happens pretty fast...

heres 2 more of that one click image for larger

Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Brad

you mind posting who won
1/8 Buggy Intermediate
1/8 Buggy Expert
1/8 Truggy Expert
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

I have had many races where someone crashed and was gunning the throttle to be marshaled and the marshal went over to pick them up only to get a face full of dirt I happens to the best of us, I love the guy that just leaves the car upside down until the wheels stop or the engine dies.... driver's choice. As for folks getting hit... well it happens as Domit says, This past SAturday A bud was running my GT2 around my track when my nefew (who is a monster) decided it would be fun to try and jump out of the way of a moving vehicle (tank god it was only 1/10 scale) and you guessed it ... full bore down the 150' straight that is smooth as glass and took him and the right front arm OUT!! only thing that was damaged was the GT's front arm and the monster's pride as it mowed his ass down! And right after I told him to stay off the track !! It happens just lucky no bones had failed
Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by supralative
Hey Brad

you mind posting who won
1/8 Buggy Intermediate
1/8 Buggy Expert
1/8 Truggy Expert
I honestly don't remember... I THINK Kyle Skidmore won Expert Buggy... he was battling it out with Jason Branham until Branham had a flameout.

I was too busy marshalling Expert Truggy to pay attention to who was winning... and in Intermediate Buggy I was watching Ron and James to be sure they didn't flame or have other issues, so I didn't pay much attention to running order.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

So it is broke? It looked bad out there, even though I just thought your foot is ugly. BTW if you would put the beer/crack pipe down wile marshelling, these things wouldn't happin.

Now white boy, get in the back of the truck!!! (inside joke)
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
So it is broke? It looked bad out there, even though I just thought your foot is ugly. BTW if you would put the beer/crack pipe down wile marshelling, these things wouldn't happin.

Now white boy, get in the back of the truck!!! (inside joke)
Bah... I speak more Spanish than you do... what's wrong with you? You can't even get us the "hookup" at Jack in the Box!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Bah... I speak more Spanish than you do... what's wrong with you? You can't even get us the "hookup" at Jack in the Box!
Yea?? Well go look to see if you still have hubcaps on your car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.