Wiki Posts
Search

Savage X SS Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage X SS Problems

Hello All!
Another newbie to RC Nitro here just bought a savage X SS kit and had fun putting it together. Problems is when I went to start it the bugger didnt want to start, After fiddlin around for a bit (2-3 hours) I figured out the glow plug igniter was not charged enough so I charged it for a bit flipped the truck upside down and gave it a few cranks to clear out the fuel ( as recomended by a buddy) put back in the glow plug (after testing it) primed the fuel and it started right up problem. The engine was racing and the throttle was in nuetral then after about 5-10 seconds the engine shut off by itself i've tried adjusting the idle but it had no effect and every time i get it started the engine must be flooded because the pull start is locked up but after I pull of the fuel tank, pull out the glow plug and flip upside down and give a few pulls and the fuel drips out then flip it back over again and the sucker starts up fine but shuts off again after 10 seconds. I been working this problem for 1 day but with no avail would appreciate any advice anybody could give me.
thanks, Dave