Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Spektrum DX3R ? >

Spektrum DX3R ?

Spektrum DX3R ?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

The nomadio react has no back light & the screen is tiny & thats the one you buy now if you buy nomadio.Radio it self is good,ran mine for over a year after sending it in for repair/reprograming before I could even use it the first time.It runs spektrum recievers good its just a PITA to deal with the small screen & even tinyer words & no wheel tention adjustment.Got a smokin deal on dx3r but now miss some of the react features & still no backlight on 3r but big screen that can be seen in very low light.Oh yeah the nomadio is a battery eating monster & I cant seem to link to nomadios radio section from their millitary site anymore,are they even in buisness anymore?One last thing I saw a guy selling do it yourself backlight kits for react on ebay last year but cant seem to find him now either.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

just got dx3r today have a question

it says not to use above 5.5 framerate with digital servos y is this?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is measured in ms. so the higher the number the more latency you will have. The manual says use 5.5ms only for high end digital and that 11ms will work with most digital. 11ms is the default so that is a safe setting. You could try 5.5 and then compare the two. From the documentation it would appear some digital servos can not handle the faster response time. I don't have the DX3R but this is what I gather from the manual.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

im not talking about the react im talking about the sensor i no its out dated but it seems like a better radio than the DX3R
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

adz06 the wording on the screen is wrong. Its suppose to say only use the 5.5 setting with digital servos not digital servos must use 5.5.Thats what happens when you let some guy in china write in eengrish,it come out more worser ushary.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
adz06 the wording on the screen is wrong. Its suppose to say only use the 5.5 setting with digital servos not digital servos must use 5.5.Thats what happens when you let some guy in china write in eengrish,it come out more worser ushary.
Nice
Old 09-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
Thats what happens when you let some guy in china write in eengrish,it come out more worser ushary.
Err that sounds Scottish Go to the Caster website and download their buggy/truggy manuals for a good laugh As for the DX3R, I had the chance to try one and didn't actually had any kind of affection to it. I dunno, maybe because I'm biased towards Sanwa

As for the price I think its worth the money!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Coped from the SGRID

Saw a new DX3S being tested recently. It is similar to a 3R, but only
has 2 position 3rd channel, but it does have telemetry! Screen reads
out RPM (on a dial type tach....very cool) and temp. Probably has
voltage, too. Asked about back light....not yet.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Temp would be nice,probbably give 1/2 to 1 lap warning on low fuel level & I would pay another $50(if batts lasted) for a back light.I thought about trying my 3PK again just to get a fresher idea how it felt but when I dug it out of the drawer it seems I forgot how light the 3R is or maybe my arm atrafied from my last 2 controlers weighing nothing.Think I'll just stick with the 3R & deal with what I think it should have but doesnt.

As for manuals try that lame Mugen photo coppied one.I cant explain how they gave a picture a severe accent like that but they did.