Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
anyone use them davis diesel >

anyone use them davis diesel

anyone use them davis diesel

Old 07-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default anyone use them davis diesel

I was wondering if anyone has used davis diesel motors? I saw there web site and i was wondering if anyone has used there products first hand and what they thought about them. I was thinking about sending in my trx either 2.5 or 3.3 and having them convert it but i want to know if it is worth it or not.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by theiss2200
I was wondering if anyone has used davis diesel motors? I saw there web site and i was wondering if anyone has used there products first hand and what they thought about them. I was thinking about sending in my trx either 2.5 or 3.3 and having them convert it but i want to know if it is worth it or not.
Ok.. the conversion is about $200 bucks and have to use a diesel fuel blend
which cost about $29 bucks a gal..I don't see any real trade off on doing this
yup nitro fuel is going too increase in price..It will come back down in price later this fall when china will start making nitro again..I think your better off to get use what you have now..
Old 07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you love pain ,then go for it !!!!! Those Davis things are fine for an airplane or some sort of thing requireing a lot of torque, as for a car or buggy ? WHAT A NIGHTMARE ! The fuel stinks, softens plastics and will wipe out anything related to silicone !! I have seen these things run, if you can get it started throttle response is dead at best and the engine's rpm's are greatly reduced ! It is naturally limited to the burn rate of the fuel (true diesel combustion is limited to 6k because of this) .
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mremtr
If you love pain ,then go for it !!!!! Those Davis things are fine for an airplane or some sort of thing requireing a lot of torque, as for a car or buggy ? WHAT A NIGHTMARE ! The fuel stinks, softens plastics and will wipe out anything related to silicone !! I have seen these things run, if you can get it started throttle response is dead at best and the engine's rpm's are greatly reduced ! It is naturally limited to the burn rate of the fuel (true diesel combustion is limited to 6k because of this) .
I was looking into it, thinking how cool would it be just to go to the gas station and buy diesel for your RC at a couple of bucks to fill a big old red jerry can. But then I saw that you have to run there fuel. Lame.