Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
im in the market for a new .21 engine..need advice:) >

im in the market for a new .21 engine..need advice:)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

im in the market for a new .21 engine..need advice:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This thread is going to be filled with opinions...

I've run the MR Ninja, GRP .21, OS V-Spec, WS7 III, and C6BBT.

I like all but the GRP. It seems to be very weak on the bottom. The others are all about the same. You can't go wrong with any of those.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would recommend the OS V-Spec
Old 08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GH Racing
I would recommend the OS V-Spec
you must have gotten the one good one out of 100. as stated before, V=spec should be called V-leaks! They need a total reseal, and its true that the bearings suck. Glad you have not had these problems, But I have seen more than 1 that were nothing but trouble. I will never buy OS again.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

The best engines arnt necessarily the fastest ones, the best ones are the ones with high quality metals and bearings with good fit and finish, what i mean is a engine where everything fits together nice and snug and you can just see the quality, nova's, RB's, picco's and the like, an engine where you wont be replacing stuff after 2 gallons.

The V-spec is a damn fast engine, damn fast. But its so mass produced that no care goes into the building of the engine and the fit and finish is terrible on them and something is deemed to fail by the 2 gallon mark, most times the bearings. I've heard they become almost the perfect engine if you do what the factory, mass producing machines don't, seal them up real good and replace the bearings with quality... and they become insane if you get them modded(example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JSzc5UVW8) . But by the time and money spent doing that you could've just bought a plug and play nova or RB.

My V-spec atm has a good leak from the front bearing but it still runs pretty good, ive sealed the engine and the tank and lines are all airtight, i was going to replace the bearings with TKO's but ive decided that its at the 2 gallon mark its not worth the time and money so ill just thrash the hell out of the V-spec while i save up for a high quality Nova or RB.

Last edited by Jonro; 08-23-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jammin .21 is a bada$$ engine just my opinion ...just don't get a werks b7pro .21 they are crap after 2gallons
Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

bobbyblaze: funny you said that the werks b7pro are junk after 2 gall, i have one and it is freakishly fast but loves to just flame out and it seems to have no midrange, just slow and balls out, thats why im in the market for a new motor. i think this is what im gonna get, but who knows......

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23025

let me know whats every one thinks..and thanks for the info, it is every helpful
Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25377

Old 08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

As this engine is already broken it; is it necessary to use the trinity fuel only or any other?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joydude630
As this engine is already broken it; is it necessary to use the trinity fuel only or any other?
Yes,, The engine comes already broken-in, and ready to race.

It's recommend By Trinity to run the 30% Platinum, but whatever fuel your already using will work as long as it's 30%. If you use different fuel you may have to tweak ur needles.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

pretty much your ganna get the THIS MOTOR SCREWED ME OVER SO IT SUCKS ... me personally would not buy anything but a OS vspec or speed when you go to the local track 90% of racers have the v spec then are resonably priced for that they are compared to a novarossi and very easy to get parts for if you ever happen to need them and anyone at the track will help you tune it because every drives them and works on them... i would sugtgest that motor.. thats what i did went to the local track and saw what everyone was running i said o this muct be a great motor if this many people are running it
Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruggydriver
pretty much your ganna get the THIS MOTOR SCREWED ME OVER SO IT SUCKS ... me personally would not buy anything but a OS vspec or speed when you go to the local track 90% of racers have the v spec then are resonably priced for that they are compared to a novarossi and very easy to get parts for if you ever happen to need them and anyone at the track will help you tune it because every drives them and works on them... i would sugtgest that motor.. thats what i did went to the local track and saw what everyone was running i said o this muct be a great motor if this many people are running it
This cracks me up!! everyone runs them so they must be good, are you a sheep, the OS speed is not reasonably priced!! tuning is tuning, if you can tune an OS you can tune any motor... my 2c

Not that the OS is a bad motor in fact quite the opposite but i hate when ppl say that they are the only motor to run!!! my 3c
Old 08-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike williams
bobbyblaze: funny you said that the werks b7pro are junk after 2 gall, i have one and it is freakishly fast but loves to just flame out and it seems to have no midrange, just slow and balls out, thats why im in the market for a new motor. i think this is what im gonna get, but who knows......

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23025

let me know whats every one thinks..and thanks for the info, it is every helpful
i choose the jammin .21 because it has great power and torque plus the price is under $300 and if you use your pointsat Amain or coupon tower its even a better deal...... i Had friend that ran Jammin .28 ....we were doing practice runs then all of a sudden the truggy was a runaway ... the truck stop way across the track with the throttle wide open ....so we knew by the time we get there that engine is toast...we got there got the truck saying o-well time for a new engine.. about 3hour later qualifing begine to start so we took the odds to start the engine & it started ...so til this day he still running that engine 6 gallons stong .... we laugh on how lucky he is because that engine shold be toast..... but believe it or not i have a picco evo 2 .21 it has 8gallons it i still run it in my first jammin x1
Old 08-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Novarossi or engines based on Novarossi gets my first pick. It hasn't let me down on the power department.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What is wrong with you guys every one knows this motor the JPX.21 with a JP2 pipe and with the O.S. P3 turbo plug is the ticket.
http://www.jamminproducts.com/engine.html
Old 08-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
What is wrong with you guys every one knows this motor the JPX.21 with a JP2 pipe with the O.S. P3 plug is the ticket.
http://www.jamminproducts.com/engine.html
Picco motors were tied for my second choice. Although I may have a deal soon that could change that order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.