R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Help Identifying new Novarossi motor. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/238422-help-identifying-new-novarossi-motor.html)

vnmsgt 08-21-2008 07:28 PM

Help Identifying new Novarossi motor.

Hey guys I just got a broken in Novarossi N21B 2000 .21 motor and cannot find anything on it. Looked on amain and could not find it. Just wondering how good of a motor this is? How much new are they? How would they compare to like a OS V-spec or GO .21 7-port? Only info I could find is of a N21B 2001 which is different.

MIKE_IN_AZ 08-21-2008 07:33 PM

what you should do is go to the novarossi website and see if they have anything on it... iff they don't then the motor is a fake. it could be just that the head and the case might be fake too. it could be an original novarossi that was just ported bigger

vnmsgt 08-21-2008 07:41 PM

Well I got is from a reputable person I know. I have the box, directions and all paperwork including warranty papers. They all say N21B 2000. All I can find anywhere including the Novarossi site is N21B 2001. Maybe this was a version before? I found an actual pic of it online but no info. Here is the pic

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i.../NOVAMOTOR.jpg

rdub202 08-21-2008 07:54 PM

The N21B 2000 is a Buggy engine. Based on the CLB engine, its sleeve has 4 ports and the 14mm crankshaft is modified and HardBlack coated. The 4 ports sleeve has been tried and tested for a long time and the engine is smooth in use and has a very low fuel consumption. With its plastic carburetor with interchangeable reducer, the engine power and consumption will be easily settled according to the driver and the track conditions. The normal glowplug offers a high flexibility to this famous Buggy engine."

hope this helps you a little

MIKE_IN_AZ 08-21-2008 09:10 PM

here is another thing that you can do... email novarossi and ask them about the engine. i am sure they could send you information about that engine..

[email protected]

hope this helps you

COBRARACING 08-21-2008 11:04 PM

There are 3 differences between the N21 2000BF & N21 2001BF

2000BF which runs the 13mm crankshaft and smaller bearing and small heat sink head.

2001BF runs the 14mm crankshaft and larger rear bearing and a larger heat sink head .

2000BF no longer in production but parts are available.consider the 2001BF is the upgrade

both have the same stroke and bore and are rated at about 2.0-2.1HP

thats all there is difference between the two .

i hope this information has helped you

air8 08-21-2008 11:57 PM

What was the 21B 2000 with the Blue head and 6 ports. They only made it for one or two years. They quit making it cause no one was buying the higher end engines anymore. At least this what I have been told.

I wish I could find a p/s for it cause it was a sweet engine the one weekend I got to run it. My battery plug broke and caused a runaway which toasted the rear of the piston and sleeve.

wingracer 08-22-2008 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by air8 (Post 4763184)
What was the 21B 2000 with the Blue head and 6 ports. They only made it for one or two years. They quit making it cause no one was buying the higher end engines anymore. At least this what I have been told.

I wish I could find a p/s for it cause it was a sweet engine the one weekend I got to run it. My battery plug broke and caused a runaway which toasted the rear of the piston and sleeve.

Most Nova's can use P/S from other Nova motors. I bet a P5 or WS7 or such P/S would drop right in.

shawnp. 08-22-2008 03:21 PM

if it is the three port version it is a great engine for club racing . it really performs well on a small to medium size track . it is very smooth and it is ok on fuel consumption i use 7mm insert and jp3 pipe i also run no.6 glow plug engine is great in my opinion

thecman26 08-22-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by air8 (Post 4763184)

I used to have one of those. Absolutely balistic powerband! A little too much for me back when so I sold it on ebay.. I wish I woulda kept it!

air8 08-22-2008 08:49 PM

The one I'm referring to was a 6 port. And it was amazing. Like Cman said, ballistic.