Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Check this out......Junk? >

Check this out......Junk?

Check this out......Junk?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Check this out......Junk?

Does anyone see whats wrong with this car?.......I know its an off brand, but is that anything to worry about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/60mph-TIGER-2-SP...742.m153.l1262

SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

you get what you pay for.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

You get what you pay for, but I do see a lot of these on ebay.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you have one hundred bucks to blow on it, go ahead, if you plan on actually keeping a vehicle for more than a day or two, buy a quality kit.

It is not worth it in my oppinion.

And the saying-

"you get what you pay for" applies to the greatest extents here.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Lets see.

10th scale, no mud guards, body invites in dirt in front, plastic spurs, cheap phillips screws, no name engine.

I would say that it would take 1 kiss off a curb and you would triple the cost of the car just ordering parts to get it fixed. I ordered an Acme gas truck my first time and it was soo bad I almost left the hobby. Peolple will never learn until they make the same mistake. Once you own a REAL rc car you will kick yourself for throwing away your money on this junk!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Even if it was a decent car (which I doubt) you would have a hard time finding parts. Even the super durable Mugen's require a part every now and then.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lets see....plastic gears on a nitro off road car.....not good.... parts availability.....probably next to none.....radio shack quality car....definately....cheap engine.... oh yeah.... need i go on? You get what you pay for DEFINATELY applies here, as others have stated. One thing you need to keep in mind with this hobby, it's not cheap. If you want to have unlimited amounts of fun and trouble free operation aside from an occassional broken part (even the top of the line cars break) then you gotta spend the extra cash. If you're not prepared to spend some chang on your cars, then you're in the wrong hobby.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Save your money a little longer and buy a better car. The only way I see that car doing 60 mph is either dropping it of a cliff. Theres a lot better options out there, keep looking.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Save your money a little longer and buy a better car. The only way I see that car doing 60 mph is either dropping it of a cliff. Theres a lot better options out there, keep looking.
I agree, but then again, from the way the body looks i don't think it would reach 60mph falling from a cliff either!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

super thick asbestos brake block
Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You may want to buy two or three of them so you have extra parts. I can't see you find them anywhere else.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yes, The car is an elcheapo accident waiting to happen.

However I must tell the truth it was an ebay special just like the one in the post. Mine was a (DNA RACING). That i bought that got me hooked on nitro. It taught me everything I needed to know about buying nitro.

1. Buy a quality car.
2. make sure car has parts availabilty at your lhs.
3. Having tools but the wrong tools is just as bad as not having tools at all. Always have quality tools and correct tool for the job.
4. you have two choices spend time doing maintenance or spend time doing repairs. Matainence is cheaper, easier and faster.
5. A good quality radio digital preferably is a must. No more chips!
6. A failsafe can be worth its weight in gold. You only realize you need one when you don't have one. Ruuuunnnnawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!
7. last but the most important THIS HOBBY IS WAAAAAAAYY FUNN!!!

I would hate to have made all the gross mistakes on my LOSI that I made with my ebay special. And my mistakes in hindsite were many and big. Big ups to the cheap car. Teachers of the what not to do's.

Just a side note those little buggys will haul a$$. For what ever reason when they hit that second gear they are like a bat out of hell. Now on a track they could not touch my LOSI but street running they are really fast. I can't speak to the actual mph but they flat out will run. I had to gear my RBS3 up to a 16t and 47t spur to teach my neighbor a lesson. I always got him on the start but by the time he hit 2nd he walked me down everytime. Now I still get him on the jump and get enough seperation where I nullify his 2nd gear with my up gearing. Granted if we were on the track where he needed to actually corner it would be no contest. My LOSI by a country mile.

Last edited by vladconnery; 08-21-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The car is definitely junk but I also think it is funny that they charge $22 for a quart of fuel.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Omg that thing is funny!

Dont buy that... common sense should tell you this.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The video is amusing. Why don't they show the buggies clearing the tiny little double? It also appears they might be going the wrong way around that course. Yeah, I had Traxxas stuff before I got my RC8 and even that seems fragile to me now. I wouldn't waste my money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.