R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Losi 8ight or Xray XB808 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/237443-losi-8ight-xray-xb808.html)

Blackscale 08-15-2008 09:34 PM

Losi 8ight or Xray XB808

I'm going to be gitting back into racing next season and i'm down to two cars. The Losi and the xray. I use to drive a Mugen MBX-5 but I want to try something new. Which is better in the bumps, which turns in better and can hold a line.

jrwoodchuck 08-15-2008 10:15 PM

I drive the Losi now, but I got to drive the 808 tonight. And I have to say, get the 808. It feels very "athletic" to me. Assome forward bite and no pushing. I love my Losi, but I think it's E-bay bound.

MBR52 08-16-2008 04:19 AM

Hard Question. The Losi 8ight has proven itself and always goes well, the Xray 808 is proving itself very fast. It all balls down to what your driving style is. If you like a slightly twitchy car that isn't always stable, by excellent and reliable get the losi, where if you like a more stable car that always is consistent, get the 808.

It's all about how you like to drive, but my reply is the LOSI 8ight !:tire:

PS: alot of people will disagree with what I've just said :sweat:

dead1dave 08-16-2008 04:33 AM

Posts like this never do anything but confuse the hell out of people even more . LOL ! I'll be the first guy to take the middle ground and say they are both good ...........better yet all cars are pretty good now .

However .....since the release of the Losi 8 ........some of the other manufacturers"Xray , Kyosho" are already on their second new car that is supposed to be bigger and better that the last . I feel this is due in part to keep up with the Losi ...............believe it or don't the old Losi has been out since 2006 and still runs right up front with all the other "new and improved" stuff . Actually better most times .

vladconnery 08-16-2008 05:08 AM

I only disagree with the twitchy part for the Losi. Thats a matter of set up the Losi can be set up to accomodate any style driver as can the 808. If you have twitchy hands and set either up where there on the edge it's going to be you guessed it "twitchy". I drive the Losi but love the 808. I could not justify the extra $200 for the 808. Thats a entire season of gas, or 4 complete sets of tires, 2 premium servos or add $200 to your engine budget and thats one kick a$$ engine. Even better yet take the wife out and you get 6 get of jail coupons and thats PRICELESS!

You can't go wrong with either flip a coin and you still win. Excellent choices by the way.

Briguy 08-16-2008 05:45 AM

I totally agree with vladconnery and dead1dave .

Integra 08-16-2008 06:58 AM

wow...x2 for vladconnery AND dead1dave..most down to earth "Which is better" comments ive read in a Long time.

WheelNut 08-16-2008 10:24 AM

Do a search on this topic as well, because this subject has come up like 10 times over the summer, lol.

Briguy 08-16-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by WheelNut (Post 4745267)
Do a search on this topic as well, because this subject has come up like 10 times over the summer, lol.

I searched 8ight or 808 and this is the only thread came up . :nod:

Taurius 08-16-2008 10:42 AM

Have own both.

Handling - Xray, it just feels more direct, maybe because of lower slop levels compared to Losi. Also Xray has more turn in speed, but i felt faster in the middle of the corner with the Losi.

Durability - the same. Never had problems with the Losi, nor with the xray. Losi shock are better (but need to be fixed for the slop), xray oil gets dirty very fast. Losi has a weak front cvd, but all others hold up very well.

On the other hand, Xray has captured center cvd's, which is nice.

I believe both buggies have there strong and week points.

One thing is for sure - Losi is a lot cheaper to buy and to maintain.

If you prefer a bit better handling - get an Xray, if you want lower running costs - get a Losi.

Integra 08-16-2008 11:06 AM

slop in the shocks :confused:

Semple 08-16-2008 11:08 AM

I dunno what he's talking about, either. :confused:

jrwoodchuck 08-16-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Semple (Post 4745424)
I dunno what he's talking about, either. :confused:

+1 What slop?????

HarKonnenD 08-16-2008 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 4744725)
wow...x2 for vladconnery AND dead1dave..most down to earth "Which is better" comments ive read in a Long time.

+1 :nod:

Those are the kind of responses hobbyists like to hear not comments about I hate these 6 things about the car and how they are biased towards one brand. Either way you go both cars are down right awesome. Get one, get setup, practice, race, and win trophies with either ride.:cool:

GH Racing 08-16-2008 02:26 PM

I would recommend Losi 8ight