Losi 8ight fuel tank splitting at the seam

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I just had my fuel tank split at the seam this past weekend. But, since I've got a year out of it I figure it's just par for the course.
  • I've been running the Mugen tank for at least 6 months and i only died once from being rubber side up, it shouldn't die in the 15 to 20 seconds it might take for a marshall to flip you over.
  • Quote: I've been running the Mugen tank for at least 6 months and i only died once from being rubber side up, it shouldn't die in the 15 to 20 seconds it might take for a marshall to flip you over.
    Are you running a fuel filter to hold a little extra fuel, or just tubing straight to the carb?
  • Mine is the RTR version and my tank split this past June.
    I had pushed 6 gallons through it so I wasn't to upset until I pulled it out.
    My tank was split 75% around the seam. That's right only 25% of the seam was still intact.
  • Quote: I got my Mugen MBX5R tank last night and after looking it over, it really makes me wonder how the car is supposed to keep running if it's flipped over. Without the clunk in the tank, it seems it would quickly run out of fuel if flipped upside down. Is this why guys run fuel filters? To store a little extra fuel in case their cars flip over?
    Nitro cars have been flipping over long befor the Losi clunker tank was ever desinged. It just works. All you need to do is use long fuel line and YELL at the turn marshell to flip you over faster..
  • I have seen LVBAJA tank problems. Hopefully the mugen tank will fix the problem.
  • Quote: I have seen LVBAJA tank problems. Hopefully the mugen tank will fix the problem.



    LVBAJA ?
  • Quote: LVBAJA ?
    Bigedmond and I race together, so he's seen first hand the issues I've been having with my tanks splitting at the seams.
  • Quote: Bigedmond and I race together, so he's seen first hand the issues I've been having with my tanks splitting at the seams.

    i thought that was an abbreviation for something .....My bad.
  • J-B Weld? :P

    I just got some for around the carb, and they checked to make sure I was 18!? Uh..

    But I'm guessing it would work
  • Can someone give me the part number for the Mugen tank that is a direct fit for the 8T. I ordered the tank for a MBX-5 and it is not long enough. I could not find a tank for the MBX-5R. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Quote: Can someone give me the part number for the Mugen tank that is a direct fit for the 8T. I ordered the tank for a MBX-5 and it is not long enough. I could not find a tank for the MBX-5R. Any help would be appreciated.

    hah...u need the 5T tank thats why.....5-5R=125cc.....5T=150cc.
  • Thanks, I will send this one back tomorrow and get the right one. Will it be a direct fit and look factory?
  • Quote: Thanks, I will send this one back tomorrow and get the right one. Will it be a direct fit and look factory?

    ive never seen it in person...but it appears as it would be....post pics when u get it rigged up...then we'll all know.
  • Quote: J-B Weld? :P

    I just got some for around the carb, and they checked to make sure I was 18!? Uh..

    But I'm guessing it would work
    They checked your age to buy JB Weld?!

    The OFNA tank triggers will dump the fuel out when flipped over too.

Similar Threads