Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Fuel/Pulse line? >

Fuel/Pulse line?

Fuel/Pulse line?

Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Fuel/Pulse line?

Hey so, back when I used to be into r/c cars the theory was always to run the pulse line as long as possible, and a very short fuel line. I just finished breaking in my new motor, and I dont really like the way I originally made all my lines, so I plan to redo them before I actually drive the car.

So, what seems to be the train of thought now-adays?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We run a bit long on the exit line from the tank (no loop) with 2 in line filters on our truggy.
We took the actual filter out so it would hold more fuel. I have seen up to 4 filters on one kit.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

My experience is that too short of a short pressure line causes motors to flood while starting, too long and it seems to lose some pressure causing lean condition at high RPM's. I always use 8-10 inches for the pressure line and run as long as is practical/legal on the fuel line for added fuel capacity.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Run around 12" of pressure line. The longer pressure line smoothes the pulses to the tank. The longer the fuel supply line, the longer the car will run when it is upside down.

My pressure line is almost 12" exactly, and my fuel line is about 11.5". The car will idle for around 45 seconds on its lid. I don't run an external filter at the moment.